Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 27

The Cozyness Downtown Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

I stayed for two nights, one at each end of my trip to Romania (I even cancelled the other hostel I'd booked to stay here again) and it is probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in yet. It's more like a friend's apartment than a hostel, so clean and comfortable too. There are games and movies and free bikes to borrow, or you can just chill out in the living room with a book. The guys working there are super friendly and fun to hang out with. Definitely recommend this place.

• 14th May 2013

Kipps Hostel Canterbury

Canterbury, England

I booked a bed in a 10-bed dorm originally but when I arrived she put me in a 5-bed for the same price because the hostel wasn't busy and she didn't want to make me stay in a big room alone. Also breakfast normally costs 2 pounds, but I was told the next morning that it was free that day, which was really nice. The hostel itself is on a residential street, quiet, not too far of a walk from the bus station. I would definitely recommend it.

• 20th Jan 2012

I really liked the hostel. I stayed there when I first moved to London and was looking for a place to live, so part of the reason I chose it was because it was not central, and I wanted to see how 'living' farther out would be like. The hostel was quite nice, clean, had a kitchen, plenty of shops nearby, and the transit was pretty good too - central london is only about 20 minutes on the tube. I would stay there again.

• 1st Dec 2011

Lucky D's

San Diego, USA

My friend and I stayed there for a week during Comic-Con, and had a great experience. Staff was friendly, and a lot of the other traveller's were quite sociable. Being able to use the kitchen was great, and even though breakfast was only cereal, waffle weekends were delicious. The location was in walking distance to everything we needed. I would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Jul 2011