Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 29

KEX Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
7.7
13th May 2017

I've stayed at KEX before, so I knew what it was like already. It was clean, and the staff were nice. The bed wasn't that comfortable, and having to pay extra for linen and a towel on an already expensive room isn't really great. It's a quick walk to the main shopping street, and right on the waterfront, and the back patio is a nice place to sit and chill out.

Backpackers Göteborg, Gothenburg, Sweden
5th May 2017

Backpackers Göteborg is nice hostel in a quiet neighbourhood, near a park/cafes/restaurants/bars; not in the city centre, but close to transit or an easy walk to the centre. Hostel was clean, and comfortable. Room was good and there were privacy curtains on the beds. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and they do activities a lot; there was a well attended BBQ on my 2nd night, and we learned how to play Kubb, so I met a bunch of people and it was a lot of fun. I'd stay here again.

Hello and thank you for your kind words! Glad to hear that you enjoyed our social activities! Hope to see you again! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
2nd May 2017

Nice hostel, staff was really accommodating when I asked to make a change to my booking. I didn't get the breakfast, but it seemed like it had a lot of options. Locker storage costs money to use, but is more secure than the baggage room I've used at other hostels so that was fine. My room and the bathrooms were clean the whole time I was there. Can't really comment on the atmosphere, because I didn't bother trying to meet other people in the short time I was there, but it looked social.

Anne Hostel Yokozuna, Tokyo, Japan
10th Apr 2016

8.0
9th Apr 2016

Guest House Pongyi, Kanazawa, Japan
8th Apr 2016

The Cozyness Hostel, Bucharest, Romania
14th May 2013

I stayed for two nights, one at each end of my trip to Romania (I even cancelled the other hostel I'd booked to stay here again) and it is probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in yet. It's more like a friend's apartment than a hostel, so clean and comfortable too. There are games and movies and free bikes to borrow, or you can just chill out in the living room with a book. The guys working there are super friendly and fun to hang out with. Definitely recommend this place.

Kipps Hostel Canterbury, Canterbury, England
20th Jan 2012

I booked a bed in a 10-bed dorm originally but when I arrived she put me in a 5-bed for the same price because the hostel wasn't busy and she didn't want to make me stay in a big room alone. Also breakfast normally costs 2 pounds, but I was told the next morning that it was free that day, which was really nice. The hostel itself is on a residential street, quiet, not too far of a walk from the bus station. I would definitely recommend it.

8.0
1st Dec 2011

I really liked the hostel. I stayed there when I first moved to London and was looking for a place to live, so part of the reason I chose it was because it was not central, and I wanted to see how 'living' farther out would be like. The hostel was quite nice, clean, had a kitchen, plenty of shops nearby, and the transit was pretty good too - central london is only about 20 minutes on the tube. I would stay there again.

Lucky D's, San Diego, USA
8.7
20th Jul 2011

My friend and I stayed there for a week during Comic-Con, and had a great experience. Staff was friendly, and a lot of the other traveller's were quite sociable. Being able to use the kitchen was great, and even though breakfast was only cereal, waffle weekends were delicious. The location was in walking distance to everything we needed. I would definitely stay there again.