Hostel Freedom Torun

Torun, Poland

After a curt greeting, the owner became a bit more friendly. The hostel is on one of the main squares so the location is amazing! But it might be a bit noisy of course if people sleep lightly but I had no problem. Also it was one of the rare hostels in Poland where the radiators had a dial you could turn up or down as most places don't and are boiling hot, so that was lovely. I stayed in a dorm and each bed has curtains around it which is nice for privacy! Shame no breakfast.

• 5th Jan 2015

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

Oki-Doki is a very nice hostel and most of the staff are extremely friendly, just a couple who weren't so friendly. The kitchen is quite small but it seems to work as most people don't cook. One problem, which seems to be in most Polish buildings, is that the heating is WAY TOO HIGH! This is not the hostel's fault as the whole building is heated centrally and therefore no one can turn it down. But Poland should really sort this out! It's so un-ecological and gives headaches.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Mundo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The best hotel I have ever stayed in! I had the time of my life. For various reasons I ended up on my own at Mundo for New Year but as soon as I arrived I wasn't sad anymore! It's such a friendly place - everyone, staff and people I met there. Made lots of friends. It was just great! Breakfast was delicious, and we seemed to have free food every night! New Year's Eve party was one of the best I have ever been to. So much fun. I miss Mundo!

• 27th Dec 2014

Safestay York

York, England

Most of the staff not very helpful. Central heating was not working so the room was freezing and I have fallen ill as a consequence! First night someone in my room went down to ask about it and nothing was done. Second night I went down to ask if something could be done and was responded with an exasperated: "Oh people are either too cold or too hot." YES it isn't nice to be too hot or cold!! And absolutely nothing was done. Room was still freezing. One guy was sleeping with his winter jacket!

• 19th Feb 2013

Kipps Hostel Canterbury

Canterbury, England

Very friendly staff however bunk beds are so low that you can't sit upright in them and no reading lights. Bathrooms are quite small too.

• 12th Feb 2013