Esperanto Guesthouse NYC

New York, USA

Of the 4 hostels I stayed at in the US (of which 3 in NY) this was my favorite. My expectations weren't so high as I picked this hostel as a last option, since most hostels in NY were booked full. It turned out to be a real nice hostel though. The staff is super friendly and nice to chat with and the atmosphere is great. The bathrooms are excellent. Only downside I can think of is it mentions a free breakfast on their website, while in reality this is not really the case. I do recommend!

• 14th Jun 2013

HI - New York City

New York, USA

Not my kind of hostel, too big and impersonal. Most of the facilities were good though: Big lounge and computer rooms (expensive to use computers / printer) a nice and not too expensive bakery inside the hostel. Fairly clean.I didn't like the small shower cubicles next to the toilets though. No alcohol allowed in the hostel. Its very busy, therefor it's very impersonal and staff isn't too friendly. Location is fine, 8 ins from metro stop that can bring you anywhere in Manhattan.

• 13th Jun 2013

Capital View

Washington DC, USA

Hostel was fine, nothing too special. Location is good. Downside, there was a lot of noise in my dorm coming from a generator or AC somewhere behind the wall - I really don't know what it was but it kept going the whole two days I was there. Beds were ok and comfortable. Not a lot of room to place your belongings though. The small bed reading lamp and power point next to every bed (or at least mine) were a useful. Hostel is also reasonably cheap.

• 11th Jun 2013

Q4 Hotel

New York, USA

I don't get why this hostel gets such good ratings. I didn't like it so much. The 4p. dorm was small, with no place to store your belongings. No bed read lamp or power point next to every bed. Shower door doesn't lock. Nowhere to place your clothes while showering. You can use computers, but you have to swipe your credit card first (I think use of computers should be for free in all hostels!). Location is not excellent but ok. Dull neighbourhood. Not that cheap. Lacks good atmosphere.

• 24th May 2013