• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
Ginga Hostel, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
7.4
8th Nov 2013

My friend and I booked a private room to avoid noisy dormitories. We were a little disappointed to discover that the private room was next to the common area where people can make noise until 2 am. The dormitory upstairs would probably have been quieter! Also there is no window in the private room and the bathroom was very moldy. Also we had two cockroaches. Breakfast was very very basic, no cheese, stale bread. However, the atmosphere in this place is really relaxed, and it's really cheap!

• Netherlands,
Che Lagarto Hostel Paraty, Paraty, Brazil
6.3
7th Feb 2011

Staff was very nice and helpfull, 3 european girls so no problem if you don't speak Portuguese. Beds were bad: the ladder actually fell of my bunkbed when someone climbed in it. Also later I heard some other guests had bedbugs in their rooms. No lockers or closets in room. Cleaning could have been better and I constantly had to ask for a toilet paper refill. Also organized tours, the guide was a litle weird though, smoked weed during the waterfall trip, but didn't seem to affect his driving.