Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 23

Sun Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Such a lovely hostel!! Felt like I was in someone's house, I was so at home. Lovely garden area to chill, and sofas and tv inside too. Rooms were big and staff so helpful. I was meant to check out at 10.30am but because there was no one else booked for my bed that day the receptionist let me keep the bed until my train at 10pm for no extra charge, which was so kind! All staff really knowledgeable of the city too. Stay here!!!

Design Hostel Goli&Bosi

Split, Croatia

The hostel was modern and quirky which I really liked, and really good location 1 minutes walk from the water. The only problem was that the bar and restaurant is open to the general public, which made it really difficult to meet people because you never knew if they were actually staying at the hostel or just stopping for a meal. Maybe it would be different if you are a group but not sure I'd recommend if travelling alone.

Hostel Lika

Zagreb, Croatia

Really nice hostel, recently had a beach bar made outside which is a cool area to chill. Staff also really nice and friendly, full of knowledge. They do a barbecue every other night too which is a good way to meet people. The only thing I didn't like was that the bar closed at 11, and because its outside you can't just stay there and chill after that time, so we were told we had to either go to bed or leave the hostel, so we had to finish our drinks on the pavement outside.. Otherwise great! :)

Hostel Marabou

Prague, Czech Republic

Amazing hostel!! Incredible atmosphere, has its own bar, lovely kitchen and dining, and additional chill out area in basement with beds, pool table, table football and sofas, and computers. Really good atmosphere, SO easy to meet people. Staff all super helpful and breakfast included. Loads of shops and takeaways nearby. Hostel is a little walk out of town but it wasn't a problem, walk to central prague in 20 minutes or catch bus if feeling lazy. Would definitely stay again!, thanks guys.

Hotel Giovannina

Venice, Italy

Only stayed here one night but had a very comfortable stay. No communal area but didn't really need it as I was out in Venice itself all evening. Hotel is set on the mainland instead of Venice island, but only 2 minutes walk to Mestre train station & only 10 minutes on the train to the island itself. Great if travelling on a budget! Much cheaper than staying on the island!

6 small rooms

Naples, Italy

Really nice homely hostel on the 3rd floor. Very relaxed atmosphere. Kitchen& lounge really nice, tv and loads of DVDs to choose from if you fancy a chill night. Breakfast included too. What made this hostel was the staff, they were all absolutely lovely, particularly Gabrielle and Gale. Good location too, really close to all the shops and restaurant on Via Toledo

Really enjoyed my time here, travelling alone & really easy to meet other people. Hostel is a short metro ride away from the centre but still so easy to access everything & much cheaper to eat/drink in this area as its not touristy, which I preferred. En suite bathrooms which was nice. Would have been nice if there'd been somewhere to wash clothes in hostel, but laundrette nearby. Kitchen lacking a bit, only a microwave and no stove, but would definitely stay again!

Hola Hostel Eixample

Barcelona, Spain

Really enjoyed my time here. Hostel is brand new and facilities are all up to date. Free laundry service & breakfast included which was good. Rooms very modern with air con. Great location, 10 mins to Sagrada familia & nice communal area great for meeting people. Would definitely stay again!

No Name City Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Really enjoyed my stay here. Nice communal areas both inside and out. Excellent location, just 5 mins from Peurta del Sol and 1 min to nearest metro station, although it's so central you can just walk everywhere. Free walking tours and pub crawls operate from the hostel every day (free sangria for guests!), so there's plenty of opportunities to meet new people. Bathrooms were immaculate and recently refurbished, plus air com in dorms. I had an amazing stay and was v sad to leave!