Hostel Uppelink Ghent, Gent, Belgium
14th Jul 2015

Hostel Uppelink is the best hostel I've stayed at in continental Europe! Such friendly and helpful staff. Incredible location with great views out of the hostel windows. The common rooms on the main floor let you easily meet other travellers. Do the bicycle tour to see more of Ghent than you would likely see on foot!

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel, Bruges, Belgium
13th Jul 2015

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
The Drunken Monkey Hostel, Zadar, Croatia
27th Aug 2014

Istanbul Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
14th Jul 2013

Nice hostel in the centre of Istanbul. The staff is mostly very friendly. The breakfast is served on the scenic terrace every morning. Showers could be a bit cleaner, as there is some mold there. Great computer and wifi access. The staff were kind enough to allow us to book an additional night a week later without a down payment. Would stay again.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
Comebackpackers, Berlin, Germany
23rd Apr 2013

At first we were a bit uncertain about the hostel's location. It seemed a bit sketchy (and I'm still not sure I'd have been comfortable walking back to the hostel by myself at night). Luckily, I was with a group. The location turned out fine, and actually really good. There's a great, cheap Turkish bakery just outside the hostel where we had breakfast every day. The U-Bahn stop is really close. There's also a grocery store (Kaiser's) nearby. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• USA,
Protessilaos Hotel, Volos, Greece
9th Jun 2011

The staff here is the friendliest hotel staff I've ever encountered. The owners showed us the town, took us out for drinks, and baked us desserts. It's located just off the beach and has a nice patio area out front--many rooms have their own balconies as well. No complaints whatsoever!

• USA,
Czech Inn, Prague, Czech Republic
6.0
24th Feb 2011

the elevator broke while i was there. usually you would simply just take the stairs, but the stairs in this hostel are ''emergency exit'' only, so there was a huge pool of people waiting in the foyer to use the elevator, since the stairs were off limits. that's poor planning, and the staff seemed to not know what to do.

Thanks for staying at Czech Inn and for your feedback. I understand it must have been frustrating when the elevator stopped working. Unfortunately these things happen from time to time. Also the timing wasn't the best as I know that the staff member at reception had a lot of check inns at the same time. We are working on an easier access to the stairwell. I wish this hadn't left such a sour memory of your Czech Inn experience, as I know we have a lot to offer and hope that you try us again next time. Thank-you.