Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Nice hostel in the centre of Istanbul. The staff is mostly very friendly. The breakfast is served on the scenic terrace every morning. Showers could be a bit cleaner, as there is some mold there. Great computer and wifi access. The staff were kind enough to allow us to book an additional night a week later without a down payment. Would stay again.

Comebackpackers

Berlin, Germany

At first we were a bit uncertain about the hostel's location. It seemed a bit sketchy (and I'm still not sure I'd have been comfortable walking back to the hostel by myself at night). Luckily, I was with a group. The location turned out fine, and actually really good. There's a great, cheap Turkish bakery just outside the hostel where we had breakfast every day. The U-Bahn stop is really close. There's also a grocery store (Kaiser's) nearby. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• 23rd Apr 2013

Protessilaos Hotel

Volos, Greece

The staff here is the friendliest hotel staff I've ever encountered. The owners showed us the town, took us out for drinks, and baked us desserts. It's located just off the beach and has a nice patio area out front--many rooms have their own balconies as well. No complaints whatsoever!

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

the elevator broke while i was there. usually you would simply just take the stairs, but the stairs in this hostel are ''emergency exit'' only, so there was a huge pool of people waiting in the foyer to use the elevator, since the stairs were off limits. that's poor planning, and the staff seemed to not know what to do.

Thanks for staying at Czech Inn and for your feedback. I understand it must have been frustrating when the elevator stopped working. Unfortunately these things happen from time to time. Also the timing wasn't the best as I know that the staff member at reception had a lot of check inns at the same time. We are working on an easier access to the stairwell. I wish this hadn't left such a sour memory of your Czech Inn experience, as I know we have a lot to offer and hope that you try us again next time. Thank-you.