Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 36

Hostal Sol Andino

La Paz, Bolivia

I don't know what Bolivia has against heating! My room here was freezing as it was minus 4 outside, no heating inside and a window left wide open. I later learned you can hire heaters which is a joke in such cold temperatures - warmth in a hotel should never be optional.The shower was hot though. The location is good, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. Not a party hostel, not much shared space etc, but it's close to the action. I'd stay again but I wouldn't be excited about it!

HI - Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

Excellent hostel. Good lockers, clean, great common areas and kitchen. Well located. This hostel has it all.

• 16th Jun 2015

Thank you for your kind comments. Its our pleasure to provide our guests excellent accommodations.... glad to hear you had a wicked awesome stay!

American Dream Hostel

New York, USA

I spent two nights here. It's fine. They could do with another shower room as there was only one on my floor. It's expensive too but this is NYC so it's to be expected I suppose. The breakfast spread is a big plus, as is the private single rooms. If I was in NY again, I'd happily return.

• 14th Jun 2015

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Budapest, Hungary

I stayed at the maverick with 3 friends. They put us in a private apartment which was great. It's not luxury but for the price it was excellent. Great location. Staff well informed and helpful. I'd go back.

• 17th Oct 2014

Villa Klaic

Dubrovnik, Croatia

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of August. I had a private single room with private bathroom, albeit not ensuite. The whole place was spotlessly clean and the guys who run the place are so hospitable it's really a home from home. Nice pool, good breakfast, great view, lovely people. It's a bit of walk up the hill but that's just part of being in Dubrovnik. I recommend this place, it's good value, you won't be disappointed.

• 29th Aug 2013

Cinema Jenin Guesthouse

Jenin, Israel

This is a good hostel. Seems to be mainly run by German volunteers who are all friendly. If you're looking for a cheap hostel in Jenin you won't beat this.

House Of Peace

Bethlehem, Israel

The House of Peace is a really excellent place to stay to explore Bethlehem and the West Bank. I booked in for one night but ended up staying a week. It is a family run guest house and they are all such nice people that it's like being a guest of the family - although they are not in your face, you are free to come and go as you please. A good breakfast is included, as is free internet access. I highly recommend this place. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

This is a functional hostel 5-10 minutes walk from the old city. It lacks atmosphere but is an easy place to base yourself and get things done..for example laundry, free wifi, access to free PCs, breakfast included, secure bag storage, tourist info on site. It's still under construction so maybe the atmosphere will come, at the moment it feels institutional/souless. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm (bunk beds) with ensuite and I would go back, although I wouldn't be excited to return.

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

I spent about a week in the Jordan Tower and would definitely recommend it. The staff are helpful and they organise loads of tours etc if that's what you're in to. The lounge area/restaurant is a great place to meet fellow travellers. I stayed in a private room, shared bathroom. No complaints.