Villa Klaic

Dubrovnik, Croatia

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of August. I had a private single room with private bathroom, albeit not ensuite. The whole place was spotlessly clean and the guys who run the place are so hospitable it's really a home from home. Nice pool, good breakfast, great view, lovely people. It's a bit of walk up the hill but that's just part of being in Dubrovnik. I recommend this place, it's good value, you won't be disappointed.

• 29th Aug 2013

Cinema Jenin Guesthouse

Jenin, Israel

This is a good hostel. Seems to be mainly run by German volunteers who are all friendly. If you're looking for a cheap hostel in Jenin you won't beat this.

House Of Peace

Bethlehem, Israel

The House of Peace is a really excellent place to stay to explore Bethlehem and the West Bank. I booked in for one night but ended up staying a week. It is a family run guest house and they are all such nice people that it's like being a guest of the family - although they are not in your face, you are free to come and go as you please. A good breakfast is included, as is free internet access. I highly recommend this place. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

This is a functional hostel 5-10 minutes walk from the old city. It lacks atmosphere but is an easy place to base yourself and get things done..for example laundry, free wifi, access to free PCs, breakfast included, secure bag storage, tourist info on site. It's still under construction so maybe the atmosphere will come, at the moment it feels institutional/souless. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm (bunk beds) with ensuite and I would go back, although I wouldn't be excited to return.

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

I spent about a week in the Jordan Tower and would definitely recommend it. The staff are helpful and they organise loads of tours etc if that's what you're in to. The lounge area/restaurant is a great place to meet fellow travellers. I stayed in a private room, shared bathroom. No complaints.