Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 36

Generator Paris

Paris, France

Great hostel. The €5 breakfast is good value in the hostel cafe, but it's a shame the addition of the cafe comes at the expense of any self service kitchen area - it would be good to be able to make a hot drink for example. Other than that, this hostel has everything you need.

Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya

Kumamoto Shi, Japan

Great hostel. I was I a 4 bed Japanese style dorm. Everything you need, AC, lockers, laundry, kitchen. Good social space. Staff were brilliant. Can't fault it.

Hotel & Residence Nanshukan

Kagoshima, Japan

This is a hotel rather than a hostel but that's fine by me. The staff are absolutely brilliant, very welcoming and hospitable. I had a private room, ensuite, really good value for money especially when you consider the awesome Japanese breakfast that's included. I'd happily stay again.

I had a private ensuite room so didn't use much of the common areas, but what I saw looked good. It's well located, staff are really helpful, it's clean and tidy, good wifi. Definitely stay again if I'm ever back in Nagasaki.

Guest House Kaine

Fukuoka City, Japan

This place is quite a cute little hostel. I stayed in 6 bed male dorm - it's a squeeze in there, not much room for luggage. The hostel is clean and tidy and the staff are lovely. There's not much space to hang out but it's well located so easy to get out and explore. I'd stay again.

IS@K Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

You get what you pay for. If budget is your priority this is a perfectly adequate option. More than that, it's well located in a lively (westernised) area between two subway stations.The staff are friendly. There's free toast and coffee for breakfast. AC in the dorm. Don't be fooled by the too good to be true price for the single room - it's essentially a cupboard in the dorm (the layout of this place is not good). My sheets and (tiny) towel were tatty and everything is in need of a bit of tlc.

Dynamic Guesthouse

Busan, South Korea

I really liked this place. It's more like an Air Bnb than a hostel as it's essentially two top floor apartments. All the hostel basics are covered (eggs, juice and bread are provided for breakfast, there is a washing machine (small fee), lockers, etc) although if you're looking for a party hostel this probably isn't it. The location is great if you want to be in what feels like a non-touristy area. Close to metro. Spotlessly clean. Only complaint; there's rarely anybody on 'reception'.

Hotel Las Brisas

La Paz, Bolivia

This is a well located hostel/hotel (more of a 2* hotel). It is primarily used as a base for GAdventure groups. I stayed as part of a tour. I returned a few weeks later not with GAdventures and was told I'd have to go to their sister hotel. It was around the corner so was no real drama. Key points - it's well located for witches market, and the downtown sites. Walking distance to the bus station (not easy until you know the lay of the land). I'd stay again. But it is slightly overpriced.

Hostal Sol Andino

La Paz, Bolivia

I don't know what Bolivia has against heating! My room here was freezing as it was minus 4 outside, no heating inside and a window left wide open. I later learned you can hire heaters which is a joke in such cold temperatures - warmth in a hotel should never be optional.The shower was hot though. The location is good, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. Not a party hostel, not much shared space etc, but it's close to the action. I'd stay again but I wouldn't be excited about it!

HI - Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

Excellent hostel. Good lockers, clean, great common areas and kitchen. Well located. This hostel has it all.

Thank you for your kind comments. Its our pleasure to provide our guests excellent accommodations.... glad to hear you had a wicked awesome stay!

American Dream Hostel

New York, USA

I spent two nights here. It's fine. They could do with another shower room as there was only one on my floor. It's expensive too but this is NYC so it's to be expected I suppose. The breakfast spread is a big plus, as is the private single rooms. If I was in NY again, I'd happily return.

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Budapest, Hungary

I stayed at the maverick with 3 friends. They put us in a private apartment which was great. It's not luxury but for the price it was excellent. Great location. Staff well informed and helpful. I'd go back.

Villa Klaic

Dubrovnik, Croatia

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of August. I had a private single room with private bathroom, albeit not ensuite. The whole place was spotlessly clean and the guys who run the place are so hospitable it's really a home from home. Nice pool, good breakfast, great view, lovely people. It's a bit of walk up the hill but that's just part of being in Dubrovnik. I recommend this place, it's good value, you won't be disappointed.

Cinema Jenin Guesthouse

Jenin, Israel

This is a good hostel. Seems to be mainly run by German volunteers who are all friendly. If you're looking for a cheap hostel in Jenin you won't beat this.

House Of Peace

Bethlehem, Israel

The House of Peace is a really excellent place to stay to explore Bethlehem and the West Bank. I booked in for one night but ended up staying a week. It is a family run guest house and they are all such nice people that it's like being a guest of the family - although they are not in your face, you are free to come and go as you please. A good breakfast is included, as is free internet access. I highly recommend this place. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

This is a functional hostel 5-10 minutes walk from the old city. It lacks atmosphere but is an easy place to base yourself and get things done..for example laundry, free wifi, access to free PCs, breakfast included, secure bag storage, tourist info on site. It's still under construction so maybe the atmosphere will come, at the moment it feels institutional/souless. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm (bunk beds) with ensuite and I would go back, although I wouldn't be excited to return.

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

I spent about a week in the Jordan Tower and would definitely recommend it. The staff are helpful and they organise loads of tours etc if that's what you're in to. The lounge area/restaurant is a great place to meet fellow travellers. I stayed in a private room, shared bathroom. No complaints.