Great place to stay, really good facilities and a great location a couple of minutes walk from Boston Common. Only very minor downside was having to pay to use the hostel's computer. While the rates were very reasonable this was the only hostel I stayed in in the US that had this. All in all good place to stay and would definitely stay there again.

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

Enjoyed my stay here but as other people have mentioned the place is a little short of toilets which can be a bit of a problem first thing in the morning. Also the shower arrangement is somewhat lacking in privacy/convenient places to hang your towel. Really nice atmosphere, the staff was super friendly and the weekly BBQ they were doing was delicious as was the morning breakfast. Despite a few minor issues would definitely stay there again.

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

Really nice hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. The location was right next to the historic park and was a great place to stay. Only minor criticism is that the room was quite open and while curtain dividers were used in the room if one person had a reading light on it illuminated the whole dorm. Ultimately a very minor complaint and would stay there again happily.

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Really goo place to stay, the curtained beds are very nice and the free breakfast was great. As other people have mentioned there is no common area apart from the bar downstairs but I didn't find it a problem. Location is great, just a few minutess from Alexanderplatz.

Dioskouros

Athens, Greece

Really nice little place, perhaps the breakfast room could use a lick of paint but the place is sort of charming, our room was really nice and the staff were great, would definitely stay there again.

• 3rd May 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nobel Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

One of the friendliest places I've stayed in, Asakusa is a little out of the way for some of the central sights but is perfect for both airports. The staff and the whole facility is lovely!

Thank you so much for your sweet message and recommendation of our hostel! We had fun to have you here 2 times during your Japan trip! and also, your trip stories around Japan made us happy and smile, because we could see how much you enjoyed Japan! We are always looking forward to see you again someday very soon!

This was a nice hostel but they made you buy padlocks for the lockers they provided which was odd and I have not encountered anywhere else in Japan. Apart from that it was a nice hostel.

Thank you so much for your stay and comment. Also, we're sorry about the padlock, we've been thinking about the system of padlock, and we might find the better way soon. Therefore we hope you would see our improvement if you stay at our hostel next time.

Guesthouse Naramachi

Nara, Japan

The nicest place I`ve stayed in Japan, the owner is incredibly friend;y and full of great advice on Nara, I only wished I`d been able to stay longer! I can recommend this place highly enough.

A really great hostel, an excellent location combined with lovely common rooms and dorms.

Green Guest House

Kagoshima, Japan

Not a bad hostel but its location so closed to the ferry terminal means that heavy lorries trundle by all night long. Saying that if you are a heavy sleeper then this place would be great and while noisy its location next to the ferry terminals are great if you are planning on exploring any of the nearby islands.

A lovely place to stay, its location so close to Hakata station makes it great for anyone who wants to explore the rest of Kyushu, it also has a good guide to local attractions for those unsure of where to start. It also has a great atmosphere and really good facilities. I highly recommend it.

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

Due to recent events it was very quiet when I visited but it was still a lovely place and the staffs friendliness more than made up for the lack of guests.

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! It was pity that you felt our hostel was quiet because of the situation in Japan. However, we are sure that you will meet more people for your next stay in April! We hope you enjoy your trip in western Japan! We are looking forward to welcoming you, and listening your story from western Japan!