• Canada, Couple, 18-24
Hotel Toscana Florence, Florence, Italy
2.9
9th Aug 2013

Total shitbox! Ive stayed at many hostels and this was by far one of the worst. Our double bed was the size of a single bed, the AC more or less worked but made SO much noise there was no sleeping involved. When the staff noticed the extremely loud AC, he just shrugged his shoulders and ignored it. The location is not bad, right in the center. Our experience ruined our image of Florence. There are so many other hostels aroud, pick another one!!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
Oasi Del Grillo, Siena, Italy
8th Aug 2013

Love love love this place! Definitely only book if you have a car as it is a 20 min drive into the city of Siena. The owner was the friendliest and greatest host ever. We asked him for some tips and he ended up giving us SO much info and help on our trip. Our room was HUGE, clean, AC, kitchenette in the room, big bed, couches, etc. Would highly recommend this place to everyone!! You will not regret it!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
HI-Mosquito Creek, Banff, Canada
4.6
8th Aug 2012

I wish there had been more reviews before I booked it. There is NO electricity, NO showers, NO wifi (they say they do but they really dont), they say it costs 24$ but in fact its 26.50$ without some hosteling membership pass. They DO NOT post or show any of this until you get there. It isnt near anything at all. The toilets are basicly a dirty hole with rats at the bottom. The rooms are fairly clean, but the rest is just discusting. And BORING! NOTHING TO DO! A good 45 min drive from Lake Louise

Hello, I'm sorry you had such a poor experience. The Wilderness Hostels along the Icefields Parkway are rustic, off-grid facilities geared to the backcountry enthusiast or multi-day cyclist and as such are more akin to Alpine Huts than hostels; we do our best to present them as such and ensure travelers arrive with this in mind, so that guests are expecting peace, quiet, maybe a campfire - and some amazing scenery, hikes and maybe an elk or a bear to watch pass by while you are eating breakfast in the morning! The development of these areas is controlled by Parks Canada and for good reason; they are as concerned with keeping the area in as natural a state as possible and keeping development down to a minimum so people can enjoy the uniqueness of this experience. Our Wifi is on a satellite Internet connection and as such is really only good for a bit of emailing; there isn't much we can do to improve this except wait for this technology to improve. The outhouses at Mosquito were replaced this fall, though - your comment is one we'd heard before and have acted on. We will continue to try to improve on our Wilderness properties by increasing the services as possible, based on what is feasible and appropriate in an area with no water, sewer, electrical power and in a controlled Parkland environment.

Brado's inactive, Sydney, Australia
26th Jun 2011

Been there 5 different times, wouldn't want to be anywhere else in Sydney. Staff is great, amazing location, backpackers are all very open and social. Great atmosphere and free brekky and tea. I highly recommend this hostel!! I've only had a great experience every single time I go. They often upgrade you if they have the room, which I find very professional. Staff will bend forward and backwards to help you out! GO THERE, you wont regret it

Asylum Cairns, Cairns, Australia
29th May 2011

Definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed at in a long time. The staff was amazing, they made me really feel at home and they went out of their way to help out. Clean rooms, hot showers, FREE DINNERS, and Mad Mondays are great!! Really good bang for your buck. You save alot of money with all the freebies while having a great time. Special thanks to Neal and Jeremy, you rock. All the backpackers were welcoming and lots of fun. Highly recommend it to anyone!! Go there, you wont regret it!!

Bunk Brisbane, Brisbane, Australia
7.7
20th Feb 2011

Would recommend to anyone, and would definitely go again. I've been backpacking Australia for over a month now, and it was the best sleep I've had on my trip. Nice atmosphere, people are friendly, quite clean, cheap, good deals on food and drinks, with a pool and AC. Sweet deal.