Location: Brazil, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

My stay was great overall. Very helpful and friendly staff, good facilities, absolutely clean, quiet at night. One downside for me: the mattress was specially uncomfortable - too soft so you could feel your body touching the metal beneath (4 bed bedroom).

Cafofo Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Cons: I stayed in a private room without a window (or a really small, covered window); one of the two showers don't have a place where you can hang your clothes/towels nor a place to put your soap other than the floor, so I was always waiting to use the one shower that had it; wooden floors make the place very noise at night when people are arriving late. Pros: friendly staff; good location; big enough common area; cheap enough; basic but comfortable bedroom; working WiFi internet connection.

Dear guest, thank you so much for your comments, we really appreciate that our guest can help us with their impressions. All showers have hangers, you must not have realized it but it´s true that there´s something missing in order to put soap or other amenities. We are already taking care of it!! Once again, thank you very much for staying with us, we hope to see you soon in 2014!

Central Globetrotter Hostel

Leipzig, Germany

Good: - Good bathroom facilities - Nice breakfast considering the small price Bad: - Wooden staircases and no elevator. From my room (number 1) I could hear every step of a person going from the ground level to the third floor. It's really noisy. - Hallway lights are kept turned off unless you turn them on, which gives the hostel a horror movie atmosphere.

Hofgarten 1824

Dresden, Germany

Great staff, great location, basic but very cosy bedroom, very clean bathroom. Only downside were the pillows which I found a bit uncomfortable.

Eastener Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Very quiet hostel close to supermarket, laundry service and U-Bahn. Walking distance to Museum Island. Very helpful staff. Well equipped kitchen - I've had lots of meals in there :)

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

My main complaint is about the bathrooms (there's only 3 and if someone just wants to brush his/her teeth the bathroom gets completely unavailable to the others guests) and security (there was no keys to my 3-bed shared dorm, any guest could get in there at any time).

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

We had a great stay. The only complaint for me is that it was too hot inside the bedroom.

Stay Frankfurt City

Frankfurt, Germany

I did not sleep there because the owner never showed up to hand me the keys. There is not a reception in the place so you have to call the owner to get your key. The owner did not answer my call and was not there to give me the key. I had a very unpleasant experience with this "hostel" so I would recommend every one to just stay away. After all the trouble I had the owner did not even gave me an explanation. I ended up staying in another hostel.

Hotel Mons am Goetheplatz

Munich, Germany

Good location - 10 steps from a station. Quiet place. Private room has a sink and a shower but no toilet. The shared toilet could be cleaner. Private room was big and comfortable, with a nice TV. Staff let us check in at 11am. Breakfast is not included and costs 9 euros - not worth it. Wi-fi was free but for some reason did not work in my smartphone. There is no lounge area and no computers available.

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great experience. Quiet place in a quiet neighborhood. Bathrooms were very clean. Wi-fi was free and did work. Private room was amazing. Staff was very helpful. Location is 2 stations away from Alexanderplatz. The only thing I did miss was a TV in the lounge area. This is definitely not a party hostel.

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

Don't go there unless you enjoy being humiliated by a very rude staff. After all the situation they put me and my fiancée through they did not even apologize for their lack of competence. I never had such a bad experience with a hostel in my life. The staff made a mess with my reservation, which resulted in another couple entering my room during my second day in the hostel. If that was not enough, their security guy invaded my room to check why I had the keys to that room. Worst experience ever.

Hostel ROOM Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Wi-fi did was slow in the lounge and did not work in my room (historical room). Room was big enough but had a very bad lamp (apparently 30 watt for a room that required at least double). Included breakfast was nice. Bathrooms were clean but did not have hand dryers. The location is not the best but it's walking distance to Erasmus Bridge, Euromast (observation tower) and Het Park. Their website site says central station is walking distance to the hostel but it's not! Take a tram!

Hotel My Home

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location, helpful staff, great included breakfast - staff will cook scrambled eggs for you. My room was very noisy at night. I could hear steps in the room above and every time someone used the toilet. Wi-fi was good and did work inside my room. Hostel was smoke friendly so be ready to smell marijuana. There was a very convenient sink inside my private room. Showers in the first floor were not good - water temperature would go from "too hot" to "too hold", never staying constant.

One of the worst nights I've had in the US. People running in the hallway at 2am? C'mon. It's your responsibility to keep the hostel quiet, not the customer's. Just monitor the hallways every 15 minutes and see if there's trouble. Also, outlets! USA Hostels provides 4 p/ person. Wifi? Did not work in my room (303) and did not work in the fireplace area.