Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 23

When I arrived the guy at the deal wasn't very friendly. He didn't even direct me to my room properly. Luckily it's small so it's pretty easy to find. The wifi doesn't stretch to the rooms which I think it should really. Sometimes if you have important things to do online you don't want to have to sit in a loud common room. Location is great! But no parking and parking is very expensive! I also was in a room by myself which was nice- I guess it wasn't very busy!

• 1st Nov 2015

Island Life Backpackers' Hostel

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Really great hostel - really clean and lovely rooms! Great staff too :)

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Globetrotter

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for the great review - hope to see you again on your way back through. Safe onward travels. the Island Life team

Hostel Vive la Vida

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Was only there for a night so I didn't get the full experience but was fine for me!

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Globetrotter

The lady at the front desk was kind of half helpful and didn't seem to like me asking questions about things to do in the area. There isn't a common room so it's super anti social I found. Clean but just not the best hostel I've been too.

• 16th Oct 2015

Hostel Ka'beh Cancun

Cancun, Mexico

Staff are so super helpful - when the airline lost my luggage they helped me out so much! Nice rooms with air con and really good new bunks! Really fun hostel!

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Globetrotter

Didn't end up trying here due to a flight mix up but tried to get in contact twice and heard no response! But strange that their email address looks like a personal account and not an official business one.

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Globetrotter

Staff weren't the best. Although they were helpful when you asked for something they weren't particularly friendly compared to the other HI hostels I've been to on my trip. But nice facilities. They need aircon in the rooms though - it gets unbearably hot at night!

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear about our staff not being friendly during your stay. Our staff is usually very friendly to of all our guests. Also unfortunately we don't have air conditioning in our rooms but we do have fans.

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

Not the nicest hostel but really great events every night. Had loads of fun but there's drinking outside the rooms which is pretty loud if you need sleep and it's quite intimidating being by yourself trying to go out there. The staff were super fun though!

• 10th Oct 2015

HI Monterey

Monterey, USA

Loved it here - they have the comfiest mattresses ever! Super helpful too when I was trying to book a car rental! Great place and Monterey is lovely too!

• 5th Oct 2015

AAE S.F. European Hostel

San Francisco, USA

I was luckily only stopping for one night before an early bus but it was so disgusting. It was pretty cheap but smelled. Staff weren't helpful and were pretty annoying. They seemed to be annoyed that I wanted to leave early to catch a bus and that I still expected my deposit back! Wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone it's gross.

• 4th Oct 2015

HI San Francisco - Downtown

San Francisco, USA

Really great hostel and everyone's so helpful and friendly. Little expensive though for a hostel. I mean it's super nice but if you're on a budget it's not great. I added an extra night to my trip and it cost more then a motel!

• 27th Sep 2015

Seaside Village Rooms

Aegina, Greece

This hostel is actually called Kavos bay. If you get in a taxi and say seaside village rooms they won't have a clue where it is!! Although a nice hostel and very very helpful and caring owners, its very far away from anything really so it is beautiful but its a long walk to get anywhere.

• 12th Sep 2014

Paraga Beach Hostel

Mykonos, Greece

• 9th Sep 2014

Soula Hotel

Naxos, Greece

beautiful place to stay! great rooms! shame naxos wasn't really for us though

• 7th Sep 2014

Katerina And John Hotel

Santorini, Greece

great hostel and katerina and john are lovely and so is their daughter in law who was so helpful! right next to a really great beach and a bus stop so you can go everywhere. on the last night we ate at the restaurant they recommend and it was great!

• 4th Sep 2014

Hostel Zeus

Athens, Greece

went to bed and could feel bugs in the bed then was forced to get up at 2am to move to a different room as I'm allergic to bed bug bites and both my arms were swollen by this point. they then moved me and my friends to a different room only to put in a new set of people with out dealing with the problem! they also have no lockers or safe places for valuables. hated this hostel.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Atlas Hostels

this hostel is so hard to find and if you call the phone it will go through to a booking agent so you wont be able to find directions. its small rooms but they have fitted far to many beds in each room so the bunk beds are pretty much touching so you might as well be sleeping in the same bed as a stranger. there is no security lockers for valuables which is very unhelpful and ii found the lady was making up excuses like being tired for the lack of service there was.

• 25th Jul 2014

Hostal Atlanta

Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Great place to stay! Loved it!!

• 9th Apr 2014

Globe Backpackers Plymouth

Plymouth, England

Bit annoyed the guy said I could park across the road between 6pm and 10am and by 7pm I had a bloody parking ticket!

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Parking is free between 6pm and 10am.if the client had a ticket after 6pm then she is entitled to challenge it with Plymouth Council as it is clearly marked on the parking meters 6pm-10am Monday - Sunday inc bank holidays.

Surf & Waves Morocco Hostel

Taghazout, Morocco

The hostel was very welcoming and had a great atmosphere. Everyone was so friendly and everyone who was staying there was great company. The shower is pretty gross but everything else is fine. The rooms are a good size and it feels like a home not a hostel. They also so surf hire and trips to paradise valley which was SO nice! I would definitely stay there again. Thanks Hasan!

• 5th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Had a really great stay here :) everyone was very friendly and rooms were clean and tidy. bathroom was a little gross but that is my only complaint. great location too not far from tube

• 26th Apr 2013

Cityhostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

i got bed bugs when i went nearly a week ago and i have horrendous bites all up my arms and legs. obviously its not that clean there. staff are pretty useless and don't seem to have a clue whats going on - they first sent me to a room with no free beds and told me and my friend they didnt have enough room for us to stay together and there was 3 free beds in my room and 2 in hers when we stayed. they dont have a clue.

• 6th Aug 2011

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

me and my friends love this hostel! at first we had a mix up in bookings but everything got sorted and everything is beautifully clean and its still cheap. not far from centre, staff are pretty helpful and you can change money in reception. breakfast is AWESOME. would definitley return.

• 2nd Aug 2011

Ostello della Gioventu Benacus

Lake Garda, Italy

antonio is very helpful!

• 30th Jul 2011
  • Globetrotter

Was awesome at this hostel!! It was so clean yet it was still cheap!! Also loved the bar crawl which got everyone socialising with other hostels as well - might have been better for us as we are English travellers and all the benecassim people were there so it was easy to communicate in English with everyone. Reception were so helpful and free Internet was good too! Will probably be returning as it was lovely there!!

• 18th Jul 2011

Young & Happy

Paris, France

absolute whole - the banisters broke off as i was walking up the stairs and the wwalls were crumbling. not a very social hostel compared to ours we've been too and the atmosphere wasn't 'young and happy'. location was pretty good and easy to get a metro into the centre. toilets and showers were disgusting.

• 14th Jul 2011
  • Globetrotter

Hi Jessica, Thanks for your feedback. We fixed the banister after it's been reported to us. We do our best to give our guests the best atmosphere. We hope you enjoyed your time in Paris. The Young & Happy Management