Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Although the showers were not *that* clean nor in great shape (I think there was a leak), the rest of the hostel is great. The staff is nice and helpful. The shared spaces are great, very well decorated and cosy. We really liked the tips on discovering Copenhagen and Norrebro! The beds were good (no 3 levels bunk beds as we had read before, just regular bunk beds) and the sheets were extra clean. The lockers are big and you don't need to bring your own padlock which is very cool.

• 22nd Jul 2014

A bit expensive but at least it's absolutely clean, safe and comfortable. Some activities are planned by the hostel (tours, bar crawl etc.) which is cool. It's a little bit far from the most touristy places but still in Manhattan and close to Central Park. The staff is adorable and very helpful. I had a good time.

• 13th May 2013

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Very nice hostel, the staff is very nice, they let me stay in the common room the evening even though I had checked out earlier (I was taking a night bus). Pancakes were great too! However there is no room to let your stuff before check in/after check out (you can let it in the hall which is fine by me but can be annoying for some). Lockers are really small too. Dormitory are mixed which is not the best for a female traveling alone but I had no issue whatsoever.

• 11th May 2013