Zostel Ooty, Ooty, India
21st Jan 2016

A very nice hostel with a good staff, great views around, and thankfully out of Ooty's city mess and pollution but still easy 10 min 5 Rs bus ride away from it. Basically I can't complain about the hostel at all. I would definitely go back if I visit Ooty again.

Vedanta Wake Up - Lake, Kodaikanal, India
7.4
18th Jan 2016

Basically not really a hostel. It's a hotel with few room converted to dorms. Location wise it's right in the city center, but Indian cities in general are a mess, so by being in central location works against it. No green views, right next to a main road. But the staff was great, they converted my dorm booking to a double bed room since the dorm was apparently empty! A room for 299 was a bargain!

10th Jan 2016

Pros: Very helpful staff, decent location with 10 min walk to the main attractions, dorm on top floor with awesome views of the sea from the balcony, Cons: no common room except a small lobby at the reception. No lockers in the room! And no AC!

Panorama Guest House, Udaipur, India
26th Nov 2015

Great location, nice views from the terrace on the top, friendly staff, but the room I originally booked was not amazing at all: on the ground floor, no windows, and was a bit shabby, after I refuse to check in that room, the owner showed me a more expensive room. I don't know if it was strategy to sell expensive rooms first or to pay more for a room.

Zostel Pushkar, Pushkar, India
7.1
22nd Nov 2015

High speed internet, nice/comfortable common areas. However, they changed my booking from a 8 dorm to a 4 dorm without asking me (next day someone told me that they thought I am some guide leading a group that checked in along with me!!) then the check-in was 4 hours late, and that too in a dorm which was flooded because of a overflowing drainage! Only when I complained, I was given a room till the dorm's drainage was fixed. Beyond this discomfort, the stay was alright.

Shiv Shakti Hostel, Rishikesh, India
18th Sep 2015

I did have a nightmarish experience when I found mites in my bed biting me in the middle of night. But the hostel staff (especially Nitin) was very professional and diligent in immediately arranging a separate room in a different hotel at 4 AM! So I did not get a full hostel experience during my stay, but definitely got good night sleep from that moment onward. And surprisingly, he was courteous enough not to charge me for any of the nights! Basically he turned a -ve experience into a +ve one!

Vedanta Wake Up - Beach, Kovalam, India
8.0
3rd Feb 2015

Staff was really helpful (I asked for a dorm change and they changed it immediately!). Avg score on atmosphere since it is not really a "hostel" (only two rooms are dorms, the rest of it is basically a hotel).

1st Feb 2015

Great place to hang out and meet backpackers. 5 mins to the beach. Recommended.

Vedanta Wake Up - Backwaters, Alleppey, India
30th Jan 2015

Pretty happy with my stay in the hostel. Definitely recommend.

25th Jan 2015

Great staff, good location, nice place to hang out and meet fellow travelers. Definitely recommended.

4th Jan 2015

Still one of the best hostels in goa. Nice staff, good location and a great place to hang out and meet other travelers.

The Moustache Delhi, New Delhi, India
24th Mar 2014

Great place to meet fellow travelers. Clean, good facilities, good location. A proper backpacker hostel in Delhi.

20th Mar 2014

Flying Pig Uptown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
17th Mar 2014

14th Mar 2014

The hostel is great value for money for what it offers. Really nice staff!

12th Mar 2014

A little bit off located, but it is one of the most professionally well-managed big-scale hostel I have been to. The cleanliness and the rooms comforts are on par with a well run 3 or 4 star hotel. But internet service breaks down time and again.

We'd like to thank you for your kind comment, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are currently also fixing and upgrading our WIFI services - so we hope to see you soon again in Amsterdam! Your Meininger Team Amsterdam

• India, Male, 25-30
The Moustache Delhi, New Delhi, India
11th Mar 2014

Pros: Nice place to meet fellow travelers, a good atmosphere, a handy kitchen and a nice common room. Cons: the dorm that I was in was a little bit too congested with beds.

13th Jan 2014

Awesome place to get stuck at and meet fellow travellers. Staff is simple great! Definitely recommended. It would be great if kitchen use is extended to allow simple meal preparations beyond ready to cook noodles.

Castle House, Goa, India
8th Jan 2014

Zostel Jodhpur, Jodhpur, India
30th Nov 2013

Proper backpackers hostel in Jodhpur. Abhishek has been one of the best and friendliest host I have come across.

Dear Customer Thanks for completing a review on your recent experience with Zostel. We are glad that you liked our staff, especially the awesome host - Abhishek and other all the other services that are part of our portfolio. We are striving hard to arrange international amenities and give travelers a great experience. We hope to see you in the future at all Zostels and again we do appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards Zostel

Mystic Jaisalmer, Jaisalmer, India
26th Nov 2013

I had a really good stay at Mystic. Its right next to the fort. Staff is great and makes you comfortable. Definitely value for money! I lost my charger, but probably it was my mistake to be careless with it.

Ram Bhawan Residency, Varanasi, India
12th Nov 2013

More than just an excellent value for money, this place just scores high on all fronts. It is one of the best hostels I have come across in India and has more of a "home feeling" than "hostel feeling". I wish there were more places like this all over India so that travelers have a place to rest and meet each other.

14th Jun 2013

Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7.1
12th Jun 2013

- changed my bookings from mixed dorm to only males dorm!!! I did not appreciate that at all. Good points: - excellent location - good breakfast - dorm are quite since the lockers are outside. Nice idea for big dorms!

Hello! Thank you for your response and rating. Good to hear that you liked our location, breakfast and the lockers. We actually try to keep the male, who are travelling alone or with guy friends, in only male dorms. The mixed are more for couples. Kind Regards, Stayokay Stadsdoelen

Stayokay Valkenswaard, Eindhoven, Netherlands
5.7
9th Jun 2013

- boiled eggs in the breakfast were cold (though the breakfast was included and alright) - I really did not life the strange showers (bathrooms). Controls on one side of the wall and the shower on the other side. - bathroom and toilets and the room are dull and boring. - if you book in advance one has to pay more!

5th Jun 2013

The hostel's staff is really helpful. A good location, a great atmosphere and the availability of the kitchen makes the hostel a comfortable and 'gezellig' place to stay. Definitely recommended for Utrecht!

Asterix Hostel, Goa, India
30th Jan 2013

The best hostel experience i had in India. Other so called Indian hostels may send their staff here to learn what travellers expect from a hostel. The staff is helpful and friendly, good facilities, but above all the hostel has awesome atmosphere. Definitely recommended!

Castle House, Goa, India
19th Jan 2013

Other than some confusion about my bookings (my booking was cancelled for 2 days without me being informed about it) I definitely recommend it to fellow travellers. Its a great place, a very good staff, good location at a good price.

5.4
16th Dec 2012

- room 101 was very NOISY - more irritating was the hostel staff indifferent attitude to traveler's concern for noise. Despite complaining they kept discussing loudly outside. - far from spotless, room 101 was not well kept. There are spots on the wall, paint was falling from walls. - Toilet flush was almost useless. - their restaurant is pricey for the service it offers - bed and linen were OK.. - has a free wifi which is VERY handy. - good location, taj is walking distance away.

Flying Pig Uptown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7th Oct 2012

Great hostel next to Vondelpark! Definitely recommended.

4th Oct 2012

Had a comfortable stay. Location and general atmosphere of the hostel is great and the staff is always willing to help. I recommend it to others travelers/backpackers.

Smyle Inn, New Delhi, India
6.6
13th Sep 2012

I was given a room with a malfunctioning AC (without any temperature control) and when I complained to the staff they shifted me to a room where the AC worked but the shower didn't! :-( The staff was not careful about basic things like these. Their approach seems like "may be the guest will be OK with screw ups". Though the owner seems interested in the welfare of his customers, he is usually too busy to be present at the hotel and teach his staff not to make mistakes like these ones.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your review and feedback. We have a team who looks after maintenance issues and sometimes things slip from under the hand. In your case this is exactly what happened. We take full ownership of this and want to assure you that we will be more careful in future. The reason you don't see me around is that I am mostly working behind the scenes. I am available on our email address and the moment any guest reports any thing that is needs attention, I quickly jump into action and sort things out. For quickly fixing things, a small email to me based on the e-mail address on booking cofnirmation will do the job quickly. Thanks and all the best and hope to see you soon sometimes. Harish Owner Smyle Inn

• India,
Mass Residency, Bangalore, India
8.7
13th Apr 2011

The staff went out of the way to help me. I am all praise for their hospitality. The rooms were clean and tidy.

• India,
Jagatram Niwas Guest House, Dharamsala, India
9.3
2nd Mar 2011

Great views of the valley from the guest house, but the road to the guest house is very bumpy and a bit risky at night when it is raining and muddy. However, the well maintained rooms and great views definitely cover for that. A gently and helpful staff too.