Reviews: sdacosta058

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 27

Wombats City Hostel Munich, Munich, Germany
7.7
8th Oct 2014

had some issues at check-in getting the key card to work, but the girl at reception was very helpful to get it rectified. the bar had a good atmosphere and was great way to meet other travellers. the walking tour could have been better / more professional but the fact that they offer it from the hostel was great. good location and clean. the only major downside is that the wifi didn't work 90% of the time! especially during the peak hours when more people were around - that was annoying.

7.7
5th Oct 2014

Good location - easy to get to the main sites and most within waking distance. I felt that the reception staff could be more friendly and attentive - at times they were more interested in their own conversations instead of helping. Playing the Sound of Music nightly was great. As a whole, Salzburg as a city is amazing! and this hostel was just somewhere to sleep. I would also definitely recommend getting a "Salzburg Card" as it will save you a lot of money on attractions and transit.

hi there. thanks for your feedback. save travells, yoho team :)

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna, Vienna, Austria
6.9
2nd Oct 2014

Nothing really stood out for me about this place, just somewhere to sleep at the end of the day. There wasn't much interaction between the travellers - organized activities would a nice way to meet people, especially when travelling alone. The room I stayed in was off the balcony - a bit strange. There was a shower in the room but had a queue in the morning which I didn't like. There were other showers by reception, but who wants to have to walk outside in their pajamas to get there?!

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
Hostel One Home, Prague, Czech Republic
30th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at!! Great location, by the train station & walking distance to all of the sites, and very clean. The staff was amazing and made you feel welcome from check-in until the end. Dylan was awesome and walked us back after a night out which we really appreciated, otherwise we'd have gotten lost for sure! I also liked that they had organized activities throughout the week which was a great way to meet others, as were the free dinners. I'd definitely stay again!

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
City Backpackers Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
5.4
24th Aug 2013

When we checked in the girl behind the counter showed the person before us how to get to the rooms & had us fend for ourselves. We also didn't here about the free pasta or any other offers at the time, it was like we were being shooed away so she could get back to her music. Our room was a dungeon in the basement and there was something with the pillow that had my friend's eye constantly crying all night. The only thing going for this place is location and clean washrooms. I would not stay again

Hi Samantha. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I will talk to all the staff about following each guest in to the hostel. To make sure you always get all the info, we also inform about our freebies in the confirmation e-mail you get when you book, I don't know if you saw that? We will also check the washing machines, of course you should not have to spend half a day washing... About the pillow, we never had a problem before, so that is a mystery... Kindly, Ellinor, manager CBP

• Portugal, All Female Group, 25-30
Copenhagen Downtown Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
6.9
21st Aug 2013

At check in we were given a key to a room that was already full! We only discovered this after walking up two flights of stairs with large suitcases (no one told us about the lift!) then we had to go back down to get it sorted out. As it was already 10pm and we were tired from a long day this was not something we enjoyed going through. After that the stay was ok. There was a good vibe in the common area to meet people and free dinner was nice. Queuing for a shower in the morning was a hassle

• Canada, Female, 18-24
Hostel One Paralelo, Barcelona, Spain
3rd Aug 2012

• Canada, Female, 18-24
Yes! Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
14th Jun 2012

Best hostel I've stayed at! great staff, great location, great food and very clean. 5 stars!

• Canada,
YHA London Central, London, England
23rd Mar 2011

The location is great, close to the tube and a lot of things are within walking distance. The staff is very friendly answering any questions you have and making sure you are looked after. Showers are hot, sometimes will flood the floor but as long as you have some kind of shower shoes there are no problems. I would come back here again for sure!