Reviews: hrmd-86

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Rainbow Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

This isn't the best place to stay if you want to sleep well. The beds are uncomfortable and the noise from the communal area can be heard throughout the hostel from early in the am until late in the pm. On the other hand, the location is good, it's secure, it's clean, there's (some) hot water, you can get laundry done, the staff are amazing (especially Hicham and Badr) and the reason it's noisy is because it's so sociable. If you want peace and quiet, stay at the sister hostel, Layla Rouge. :)

• 21st Nov 2013

You have to pay 200 rupees in order to join the society in order to stay here, but considering that for each night's stay, you receive both breakfast & lunch, staying here is great value for money overall. The dorm is one of the nicest, cleanest rooms that I stayed in whilst traveling in Asia & the people are very welcoming & helpful. Also, the society is less than a minute from the Ganges. It is a few minutes more from the main road though, so be prepared to walk at the end of your pick-up!

• 22nd Jun 2011

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The bathroom nearest the 7-bed dorm could do with a toilet roll holder, soap & towel, but other than that this place was great. Free laundry! There are no computers though. The free e access that is mentioned is referring to wifi. The nearest e cafe is a good 5 minutes walk away. As are the majority of the bars etc. This place was really clean though & the staff are friendly & the food was good, if a bit pricey. They also sell bus tickets & can liase with the tuk tuk drivers outside for you.

• 3rd May 2011

Kims Place

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

There are no individual lockers for the dorm beds. This wasn't really a problem tbh. One of the beds in the 6-bed dorm room is inches below the air-conditioning. This was a problem. They let me move beds the next day though and, on my insistence, they gave the next person to occupy that bed an extra cover. The sink in the 4-bed dorm room leaks and the drain was blocked... Breakfast is included, but it's across the road. Not really a problem. No individual lights for the dorm beds. A minor pain.

• 14th Apr 2011

Dai Long Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

When I arrived, the woman working on the reception desk said something about the fact that I had booked a double room just for myself (there are no single rooms) but that it was ok because it was only for 1 night. I couldn't see the problem because I was paying for 2 people as per my booking via this website. Otherwise this hotel was great. My room was really, really nice and both of the beds had mosquito nets. Breakfast isn't included, but there are good cafes opposite. Free, good internet.

• 13th Apr 2011

Nhu Phu Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

The people who run this place are caring and patient. They showed me how to lock my door and how to get the electricity in my room to work, both of which any exerienced traveller would probably already know. Also, the only member of staff who can really speak English is the young girl, Kam. When I tried to explain that I was vegetarian, she came in specifically to speak to me. I was trying to explain this because I was going on the tour of the DMZ. Be warned: it does not include the Cemetery.

• 11th Apr 2011