Location: Pitcairn, Gender: Male, Age: 34

Pleasant hostel with amazing balcony area to chill and sunbath (and even sleep). High proportion of German occupants but some of them were nice and had good fashion sense. Staff and volunteers are spectacular and the free Jaffa walking tour is pretty close.

Art Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

Viva Hostel Minsk

Minsk, Belarus

My experience was simply outstanding! Everything from the amazing staff (the three Tanyas, Karina, Dasha) who went above and beyond helping me with ALL my queries. Sergey was also great in helping me with registering my visa and also extending it (which took a total of 4 hours). I'd recommend staying here for at least a few days as they can also register your visa at reception, cutting out a lot of admin time leaving more time to experience amazing Minsk. Clean, organised & professional hostel!

Dream Hostel Brest

Brest, Belarus

It was closed at short notice

Mish Mash Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Great staff, clean and well furnished (with a pirates hat for those special moments...). One drawback; incredibly squeaky beds which need to be sorted out if you are going to get any kind of sleep. And in case you are wondering, I'm usually a heavy sleeper. Otherwise good

Hostel Wolna Chata

Gdansk, Poland

Great place! Friendly staff, good location just minutes walk from the train station and clean throughout. I even had a roim to myself so slept like a baby. I would return!

For an Italian hostel, it's very good! Sociable people, nice staff, right next to the beach. A bit pricey for a hostel, otherwise great. ALso rented a bike from around the corner and cycled to San Marino from Rimini, it was great!!! p.s. i love pizza more than life itself

Boombully Rooms and Hostel

Tbilisi, Georgia

I had heard about this from previous good reviews but also top review from Lonely Planet. Location is great, right in the thick of things. Dorm room was HUGE which makes a change from 20 crammed beds in a room. The sad side of this was that although pleasant, staff are very lazy. On two occasions I found staff sleeping during the day and any requests, well, they had to be asked twice for things. Is this what happens to good hostels when they get popular? the owners hand the reigns to 'staff'?

D'Vine Hostel

Batumi, Georgia

And the winner of the most enthusiastic hostel boss ever goes to Nina! What can I say but amazing, amazing, amazing hostel. Great for chilling, great for info, great for location. There's even a cute dog and, bless my barncales, a super cute cat! This hostel would change the atmosphere of any country for the better, even north korea Good luck guys, keep up the stupendously spectacular job!

Friendly, organised hostel walking distance from Wimbledon town centre. Huge plus were the free non-alcoholic drinks, free parking and free ear plugs. Huge minus. Loud music being played at 730am in common area. So sad that when I am off work I have to wake up at 730am - sort it out

Rekord Hostel

Skopje, Macedonia

Top place, nice family and great food!

• 13th Jul 2013
  • Pitcairn

Rekord Hostel

Skopje, Macedonia

Best hostel I stayed at in Balkans! Very clean,modern, friendly and excellent service from the guys at the hostel. Special thanks to Jaq (spelling?) for his superb help regarding all my questions. Location is also superb - right next to the Arc de Triomphe and Neo-Classical-Spaceship fountain. Red double decker buses also pass the vicinity (!)

Saki Hostel & Guesthouse

Budva, Montenegro

Reallyh cool, friendly hostel with excellent food and really cute kids! Thanks for everything and also fore the best breakfast in the Balkans! Fish dinner highly recommended

Merak House

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Top hostel where I booked a dorm and got the room all to myself! Some waiting around for my late check in but hospitality and 24 bakery 1 minute walk away more than made up for it! Nice walk up the hill nearby :)

FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham

Very nice guy running this place, top location too. not many people about but maybe i was just unlucky

FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham

no kitchen, no designated common area, staff member I met seemed drunk and/or hungover. Free breakfast was over an hour late. Where did all those good reviews come from?

FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham

if Carlsberg did hostels...

FRESH @ The Crown, Clapham

For this price I was very impressed with the hostel. I found the entire place exceptionally clean and all the staff friendly. Security is good, as long as you don't forget your two key codes! Interesting pub frequented by all day drinkers. Kitchen facilities, a common area for surfers to meet and chat, breakfast available after the current 7-9am only slot would all be nice but that's me being picky. Hidden treasure; Big Ben and The London Eye can be seen out the rear windows on a clear day!

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Very good hostel, I enjoyed staying there just one night but the staff were super helpful and supportive. Thanks and see you soon!

• 14th Mar 2012
  • British Virgin Islands

HI Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Seriously, the service here is better than some 5 star hotels i have stayed at! Stayed 2 nights in private room, rented a bike to see the amazing sites...got a puncture and they sent a tuk tuk with a NEW BIKE! Add the fact that they offer a free pickup on arrival. TOP PLACE, AMAZING STAFF!