Location: England, Age: 41

As you know there were problems with our booking and, being our honeymoon, they had a big affect on our also very rare break. I believe you've made changes to the inappropriately named 'Delux' double since but you need to make sure it is very clear, in the description on the site, that the 'Supreme' room is the one with the balcony etc. It would have also been a nice gesture for us to be given a proper apology for the mixup and maybe a gesture of good will, e.g. discount on future stay.

Hostal Iquisa

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

I had a lovely stay at the hostel. It wasn't in the centre of the town but was only a 10 minute walk away. The staff were friendly and helpful. A nice little place with basic kitchen facilities, two toilet/showers with hot water and free WiFi access which was great. Also had small lockers in the rooms for valuables.

Airport Skyway Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

Very nice people who tried to accomodate everyone at a very busy time with the Rugby WC happening. Comfortable beds and everything lovely and clean. Very efficient and reasonable shuttle service to the airport as well. Thanks for a good last night in NZ.

Surf 'N' Snow Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

I'm sorry to say I didn't like this hostel. It felt old and run down and is in massive need of some renovation and updating. The 4 codes you're given on arrival to get through various doors is a bit much, especially as the front door opens automatically when anyone goes near it. Maybe a new system there would be better. When I wanted to use my laptop there weren't many options of where I could sit either and I ended up on a VERY bowed computer table sat on a VERY tired old chair. :0(

YHA Wellington City

Wellington, New Zealand

A really good hostel in the heart of town. Very clean and great kitchen and fridges. Had a very squeaky bed though, maybe wood would be better next time. Otherwise a great stay, thanks.

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

This was the cleanest hostel I've stayed in in my 7 months of travelling which was great. It was also such a novelty to be staying in an old prison and meeting one of the ex inmates outside one evening was an added perk. The staff were all very helpful and friendly although at times I thought there should be more of them on reception because it got very busy and was a bit much for one person to handly alone (although they all coped with this very well). Overall, a lovely stay, thanks!

Mountbatten Hotel

Sydney, Australia

The hostel is quite small and in a very noisy part of town so it can be hard to sleep, especially on a weekend but the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the young man who stayed past his finishing time to help me book a taxi for the next day. I only staye one night but I would go back again. Thanks.

Backpackers by the Bay

Airlie Beach, Australia

I only stayed for one night but I enjoyed my stay. The only issues I have are that the sliding french doors on my room, leading outside, wouldn't shut or lock properly and although there was a chain lock on it, if someone wanted to get in it wouldn't be very hard. We were also not given blankets even though it was winter and we were very cold in the night. On the up side however, the staff were all helpful and friendly and the movie in the evening was a nice touch. I would stay again.

The hostal is close enough to the centre for you to walk to the shops and bars easily but far enough out of the centre for you to get a good nights sleep and not be disturbed by the noise of the centre. The rooms are basic but comfortable with enough sockets for everyone and a fridge which enables you to buy food to store and cut down on your eating out costs. The staff are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgable and the Travel Agency is a great benefit with additional discounts and bonuses.

Apple Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I went back to the hotel to stay for a second time because the staff there are wonderful, friendly and helpful and the hotel is clean, comfortable and exelent value for money. I recieved a wonderful warm welcome from my friends mama and Heather who make the place so great. Thanks to you guys for being so lovely and for making me feel so welcome and for all of your help again! You're amazing! Lots of love to you both! x x x

Security would have been good if the member of staff who was living in my dorm didn't leave the door unlocked all the time.

I only stayed one night as there was a nicer hotel next door for not much more money with a free hot bath and sauna but if you are on a tight budget this is a decent place to stay.

Apple Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Although the rooms are minute they are extremely clean and the wonderful staff, especially mumma and Heather were so lovely and welcoming they made me feel totally at home. Other reviews I read said about the area being dodgy but I found the people very friendly and didn't have any problems as a single woman. There are lots of African and Indian guys around selling stuff but they are very friendly if you give them a smile and say hello. Totally enjoyed my stay and will go back next time I'm in Hong Kong. Th

Betel Box Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. The place has lots of character and extras eg books to borrow, information, free tours, Wii game, DVD's, free hot drinks & breakfast, etc. It was my first stay in a hostel and I fully enjoyed it and would definitely go back next time I'm in Singapore. The attention to little details makes it an amazing place to stay. Thanks for everything!!!

Vabua Asotel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

A lovely hotel with lovely people and gorgous rooms. My only negative comment would be around communication problems, especially with room service. The phone line was poor which didn't help and the staff, unable to understand English so somethimes took a while and had problems with my orders but overall my stay was great and gave me the chance to rest and get ready for the next leg of my journey. I would come again. Thanks.