Hostel Shappy, Zagreb, Croatia
1st Jul 2013

I only stayed one night - getting in late and getting up early, but this hostel made my Croatia trip so much easier. They set me up to take an excursion from Zagreb to Plitvice to Zadar so I didn't have to try to take buses. They were very helpful and informative. The hostel seemed very comfortable, I wish I had been able to stay longer.

Die Wohngemeinschaft, Cologne, Germany
23rd Jun 2013

Not the most social hostel I stayed in but I was so excited when they upgraded me to a private room for free! The breakfast looked good, though I didn't purchase it and the bar downstairs had a great atmosphere. There wasn't much of a common area for just the people in the hostel making it harder to meet people.

Flying Pig Beach Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
18th Jun 2013

Had so much fun at this hostel that I extended my stay. Though there isn't too much to do in Noordwijk if the weather is bad, this hostel is a great place to relax. The staff is so friendly and really gets to know the guests. There are always people playing pool and hanging in the smoking room/patio. Highly recommend taking a day trip to Leiden from here.

Urban Garden Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
10th Jun 2013

Hands down the most fun hostel i have ever stayed at. Every night was a party! The atmosphere is incredible and everyone there is so excited to meet new people. The homemade pancakes are delicious and the euro dinners are super fun. It turns into a litte family.

360 Hostel Centro, Madrid, Spain
6th Jun 2013

Enjoyed this hostel. It is on the 2nd/3rd floor with no elevator which is no ideal. However, once I was checked in I had a very comfortable stay. The hostel is on two floors with multiple common areas so you tend to really only meet the people on your floor. Fun pub crawl, very friendly staff that makes you feel at home and it is right outside plaza del sol so you can't have a better location.

Red Nest Hostel Valencia, Valencia, Spain
6.9
3rd Jun 2013

I was expecting a much different experience at this hostel. Though the facilities were nice and the staff was super friendly, the atmosphere wasnt very good. The bar was always closed while i was there and backpackers tended not to hang out in the common areas. It is a great place to relax, but as a solo traveller I wasn't impressed. It has a great location near the cathedral. The hostel is on a main street and there is a lot of noise at night.

Urbany Hostel Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
31st May 2013

Such an amazing hostel. I loved Barcelona and this hostel made my experience even better. Great facilities, the bar is so fun and social and the staff is very friendly and willing to help.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
The Palace Hostel, San Juan, Puerto Rico
12th Mar 2013

Had such a great time at this hostel. Most of the staff was amazing, unfortunately Shannon and Chris no longer work there :(. I would definitely stay at this hostel again if I return to San Juan.