Retrometro Backpackers

Tokyo, Japan

I LOVE this hostel and definitely recommend other people to stay in it. Great staff, cute design, it seems to attract a really awesome bunch of people too, I met some wonderful people here. I've stayed in loads of hostels all over Japan and this one has the most comfortable beds in all of Japan. I stayed in the mixed dorm, I normally prefer female but it was fine, there are privacy curtains. The location is OK.

• 19th Oct 2013

This is a really great hostel, the staff are absolutely wonderful. I really enjoyed staying here. There are alot of beds in the dorms but they didn't feel crowded at all. Only 1 shower in the female dorm so I had a wait a while for my turn, which was a bit annoying. But overall this place is great. The hostel almost made up for the fact that Fukuoka really isn't a very interesting place to visit, I recommend going to Nagasaki or Onomichi instead.

• 17th Oct 2013

Honestly, the idea of a 28 bed mixed dorm is not my cup of tea. I only stayed here (very reluctantly) because there was nothing else available. But it was totally fine! The staff are fantastic, the facilities are fine, lots of showers and toilets so you don't have to wait. It's clean. Much quieter than I thought it would be. Loads of info on things to do in Tokyo. If you are on a tight budget and this is your first visit to Tokyo then this hostel would be a great choice.

• 17th Oct 2013

Onomichi Guesthouse Anago

Hiroshima Onomichi, Japan

This is a really lovely hostel, it has been designed with a lot of attention to detail. The staff are very friendly and Onomichi is a great place to visit. My only complaint is the lack of toilets. There was only 1 upstairs located in the mixed dorm (if you're in the female dorm you can still use it, there is no lock on the mixed dorm, but I still felt a bit weird going into a dorm that I wasn't sleeping in) , and one more downstairs which smelt pretty bad.

• 16th Oct 2013