La Comarca Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

Friendly staff. Warm and clean. No lockers.

Backpackers Kaweskar Hostel

Puerto Natales, Chile

Warm and clean. Good breakfast. Be sure to check the quality of anything you rent from this hostel. I got charged for tent repair AND loss of rental when my tent broke on day one of my hike.

We must say the truth, ungrateful and transport all?. That does not say so, the allowance for transportation, child shows your culture. It makes you want to work with these people.

La Posta Hostel and Apart

Ushuaia, Argentina

Wonderful staff, super clean, very homely.

Klein Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Great staff! Hostel is a bit away from everything, but free transfers when you arrive and leave. They can organise a bus to the Argentinian side of the falls for just a little extra than doing it yourself (saves a lot of changing buses). Dorm room was very spacious and clean, a very pleasant stay at Klein hostel!

Floripa Surf Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

The best thing about this hostel is the location near to beach. It´s clean and comfortable. However, I found the staff sometimes ignored me completely. And started cleaning the rooms an hour before checkout, which made packing very awkward in a room that is already tight for space. Bring mosquito repellent as the place is swarming with them.

El Misti Hostel Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande, Brazil

El Misti has a nice atmosphere. It's got a good location near to the port. Most rooms look ok,but I stayed in 9 bed dorm which had little room for luggage and got very dirty very quickly.

Kaza Rio

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent staff, all very friendly. Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. They provided some things for carnaval for us... And it's a small hostel, so it's very easy to meet others staying. Security is heavy, you need to get through 2 doors with different codes (I got locked out the first night because I was not told that the first gate would have a code... Not good!!) Breakfast was all very sweet, a lot of junk food, but there was fruit. Overall a very positive stay.

Thanks for spending time with us! About the codes I'll double check and make sure that no one leaves the building without it, but I personally asked you to check if you could open the doors before you leave since we close usually after 10 pm. Safe Trip!

Hostel Ze Carioca

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Most staff speak NO English. Cleanliness is not great, and security barely exists.

Adventurers Backpackers

Townsville, Australia

Not great for a long stay but fine for a quick stopover. Staff are better than most ive met in the last year of travelling... friendly and helpful. Overall though I rate this hostel low based on lack of kitchen facilities (no plates or cutlery), lockers for valuables, some incidents with cleanliness (to which staff did promptly take care of), and there was far too many young kids around. Did not have the fun atmosphere of a backpackers, more of a cheap motel.

The Party Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

This place is as the name says... Party hostel. It's located right next the beach where all the action is and is next door to the drop in bar that daily plays loud music until 6am. Don't expect any sleep but expect lots of drink and fun. Gail is a legend and will make sure you are all well plied with a decent bucket before you head out, and is very helpful with all other matters you may have. My advice is just to stay in the dorm, as the private rooms are a bit like little sweat boxes.

Nimmos Hostel

Galway, Ireland

No locks on bedroom doors and no lockers to store luggage or valuables. But was fine for the night. Bring earplugs.