@Hua Lamphong

Bangkok, Thailand

The security wasn't amazing and I don't think I'd have left anything high-value in the lockers if I'd wanted to during the day. But that said Thailand is quite a safe country and there's probably no need to be more secure than they were. This hostel is right next to the main station, and is also on a metro line, but there isn't really anything useful around it, so good depending on what you need. Staff here are really nice and helpful.

Tramp Aparthostel

Krakow, Poland

Nothing really to complain about for a frugal traveller such as myself. They had lockers to put your valuables in, and they were large enough for rucksacks. But pretty much anyone could walk in from the street. They provide breakfast and have a nice kitchen. It was dead quiet when I was there but when it's busy I can imagine it's a very social hostel to be in. Great location, between the main square the train station! They do have a 10pm 'quiet' time though, so be warned party animals ;)

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

I really liked this place. Only one downside to get out of the way, which is that there is one toilet on the floor I was one (reception floor). No biggie but not ideal either. It's walking distance to everywhere in central Krakow and 2-3 mins from the station! Breakfast, dinner, a towel and nice common room are included. It's very secure too and the staff were really helpful. Great info about Krakow too, you can turn up there without a plan and find millions of things to do!

Three Little Pigs Hostel

Berlin, Germany

The hostel is very central. This is good and bad depending on what you want to do. In hindsight I would have rather stayed slightly further East, but as it was my first time in Berlin I thought staying near the centre would give me good access to everywhere. There isn't much around the hostel itself, but this is not a problem. There is only one lift and it's useless, given I was on the 5th floor it got annoying. Don't stay here if you want a lively experience, they are strict on noise!

Woodstock Hostel

Paris, France

There was nothing wrong with the Woodstock Hostel. I thought the common area wasn't very inviting, but I don't think there was much space to work with so not really a fault of the hostel.

hello thank you for your comment we wish you great travels best regards the woodstock hostel

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

An excellent hostel. I wish it was nearer Shibuya/Shunjuku though as that is where I spent most of my time, the nightlife around this hostel is a bit quieter. But that aside it is a really nice place and GREAT value. The staff are so helpful and the facilities are useful. If I come back to Tokyo I will stay here again.

I can't praise this place enough, I met some amazing people here, the facilities were excellent too.

Great place! Really near Nara JR station. Half way between the park/temple complexes in the East and the West. The owner is really nice and helpful. Definitely glad I stayed there.

Hotel Mikado

Osaka, Japan

The dorm rooms are sensibly laid out, not too crammed. Everything was clean and ordered. The price was right and the location was ideal. You are on two main subway lines with a third in walking distance (useful if coming by plane or ferry). There are all manner of shops and eateries in the vicinity. There is a large park nearby housing a Zoo and some historical sites.

Blue Backpackers Hostel

Busan, South Korea

Very practical place in a good location with easy access to the most useful station (Seomyeon) and loads of amenities. DO bring ear plugs though, as it`s near a train line, I don`t hold this against it though as travelers should take ear plugs anywhere if they intend to get a good nights sleep (which I did). Good free laundry facilities, toast and tea, linen and towels provided. Would recommend if on a budget.

Kim's Myungdong Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

What a lovely place to stay! Such a nice welcome to Korea. The beds are cosy, the rooms are spacious, the kitchen is substantial and there is a cinema downstairs! All the staff are nice and helpful and will show you where to go and what's good around town.

The House Hostel

Sokcho, South Korea

The free breakfast was a welcome addition. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, you are given a map and introduction to the city, without which I wouldn't have known about some of the sights. I have very high standards of cleanliness and security and this met and exceeded them!

Kim's Myungdong Hostel