Bahaus Hostel

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

Dina's Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

It was ok. I thought it was supposed to be run by women, which I thought would be refreshing, and it felt like I was surrounded by men- only one woman serving brekky in the morning. Was only here for one night. Busy, central area. Noisy at night. Apparently brekky had been better on other mornings. Smoking allowed inside. Ok small book exchange

Thank you for your review! Unfortunately it seems that you trip to Cairo coincided with Dina's vacation as well as the vacation of the female receptionist. We pride ourselves on being a women run establishment, and will work to make sure such vacations don't coincide. As you noted, the hostel is located in the busy downtown area. We offer rooms with balconies and a view for those who want to immerse themselves in the hustle and bustle of Cairo. We also have rooms on the inside of the building, which don't have views, but are very quiet. Breakfast varies from day to day as we rotate the type of meal served. Egypt is still a very smoking-dominated space. Most guests are very courteous about asking others if its okay to smoke in a common space, and staff are not allowed to smoke in the common spaces. Again we appreciate your feedback as it helps us to make the hostel a better place!

Riad Baraka

Chefchaouen, Morocco

I loved Riad Baraka. I needed a break from hostel life and attentions of being a solo female traveler in Maroc and this place gave it to me. Anne- thanks, you're a wonderful host- thanks for teas, the terrace and mountains are beautiful, the location is easy, the bed is comfortable, the showers hot, the family who live next door are kind and there is great moroccan food down the street at the local markets- had the best tajine i had in morocco in a hole in the wall place here, don't be shy.

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

My first night in the dorm room I payed as much as everyone else, but had to sleep on one of the two hard as brick beds that were shoved in the corner. The next day I moved to an actual bed and it was much better. People were noisy in the dorm room at 2330 the first night here too, but this isn't the hostels fault, was just frustrating.

Atlantic Hostel

Essaouira, Morocco

Not too tricky to find, especially thanks to the huge sign out the front. Really accessible to lots of essential 'sawira things , REALLY comfortable beds in the dorm, super handy to be able to use the kitchen to make things, lots of lovely space to hang out. The main guy that worked here was really helpful, but there was one younger guy that was intense and didn't seem to understand the need for personal space- he wanted to watch me do do yoga?!?! when I was alone in the dorm room for quiet

Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

The guy who works here with the locks was amazing- really helpful and the right amount of friendly. The other guy who works here with the hat, I found to be overly friendly, to the point of making me uncomfortable, charged us way too much for the hammam around the corner yet assured us it was a good price- don't get it organised for you- if you just want a wash it should be only 10dhm, and was really slow at getting breakfast ready even though we insisted that we needed to go at a set time.

Dar Tighoula

Imlil, Morocco

I loved this place. There was nothing more I really needed. Comfortable, quiet, sunny terrace, good facilities- showers are a little cold, I preferred using the squat toilet than the european, amazing views of the mountains, super lovely and helpful people that run it, advice on hikes from the main guy that runs it, wonderful dinners and fresh butter with breakfast. It's a little walk out of town but easy to get to with the grande taxis from marrakech- 30dirhim. So lovely- thanks for the stay

Rainbow Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

Sevilla Inn Backpackers

Seville, Spain

Showers were amazing, staff were lovely, beds comfortable and warm, pretty environment, places to relax, internet a tiny bit unreliable, breakfast was just simple carbohydrates. Thanks guys.

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

I had a four bed room to myself because it was quiet which was really amazing after much time missing out on sleep in hostels. No sink in the kitchen, Didn't like no room lock, small showers, thanks heaps for turning on the room heater before I got home :-)

Barcelona Central Garden

Barcelona, Spain

Such a fun stay in Barcelona! Thanks for all of your help guys and for making the stay fun even for the budget conscious :-) would live to come back in summer and use the outdoor area.

The kitchen is TINY, was often full and was often uncleaned by guests, wifi access in the room was minimal. A hostel can't really help the type of guests that it attracts but there was a group of guys in the ajoining room here that were on a stags trip, were rude, not very considerate and not very understanding of my polite complaint when I asked them to stop coming home so noisy when they were drunk. Staff were pretty understanding with this but there wasn't much they could do

Hi Kate, thanks for your comment. As we're seeing that a lot of our guests appreciate our guest kitchen we are planning to renew the kitchen so that it is also more spacious in the end. Hope to see you again in any of our MEININGERS!

Backpackers-Duesseldorf

Dusseldorf, Germany

The Singing Lamb Backpackers

Puerto Natales, Chile

Breakfast with homemade bread, jams and porridge is a highlight, as are the beds with the nice, heavy, warm doonas and the showers are lovely. Carolina is wonderful!