Argyle Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Pros: Nice old house. Helpful reception staff who will help you with other bookings. 15 mins walk from the old city centre. Cons: The wifi is a bit unreliable. The reception is not 24/7, which can be a problem if you got locked out. No breakfast provided.

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

Pros: Using access car to enter the room, very safe. Big drawer underneath the bed, which can be secured using a lock. Near to bars, supermarket, internet cafe. Helpful staff (some are quite hot too ;p). Breakfast provided. Cons: Quite far from the tube station. Need more furniture inside (table and additional power extension will be good). Unreliable wifi, which is only available on the ground floor. Same breakfast everyday.

Equity Point Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

The hostel is so Aladdinesque, makes you really feel in Arabian Night story. The staff are very friendly and helpful too. Initially, it may be tricky to find the hostel. But once you get used to it, it's gonna be okay. The locker keys I tried did not work at all, they should really fix this to improve the security (but overall, the hostel seems to be a very safe place though). And they should really lower down the AC temperature. 24'C is still too hot for summer in Marrakech!

Sleephere

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel is run by a nice family, who will help you in anyway they can (even if you wake them up in the middle of the night). Toilets and rooms are cleaned everyday, i guess. It is not a party hostel, more for those who seek a more peaceful accommodation. The only downside is that they don't have lockers.

Thanks for your comment. Lockers are planned soon, but i explained you I can always put your valuables in a safe place. If I am right, I took your portable PC every day to be put safely away. It's sad you don't mentionned this. Karel

Forum Hotel

Monte Carlo, Monaco

It is a proper hotel, so you can expect anything that a hotel provide, including daily cleaning and free breakfast. The only thing that irritates me is that, this hotel is not actually in Monaco territory. It is actually in the outskirt, very near (like a few meter) from the borderline. They do not provide direction, and I asked the tourist info center, which, of course, don't have any information about this hotel. The hotel is near to bus stop. No problem traveling around.

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

The hostel is AMAZING. Guy was really helpful in arranging your day trip in Lisbon and he also arranged the pub crawl and happy hour. I really love their attention to backpackers' needs like bedside pouch, free towel, free breakfast, internet, etc. The arabesque atmosphere is also quite nice. And although the city center location is perfect, it can be too noisy sometimes, so bring your earplugs!

Rivoli Cinema Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Simply brilliant. I can say this is the most secure hostel i have ever been: lockers and access cards. Really LOVE the free breakfast and the movie-themed rooms and interior. If you get bored, you can always watch movies. The location is also good, most sights are within walking distance. Staff are nice and helpful, even when I ask a lot of questions. The only downside was the construction noise nearby, but it's not within their control, so can't really blame the hostel.

Moonstar Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The location is very good! Centrally located and near the main tourist sites like Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace. At first I was skeptical about the dinner cruise they recommended, but oh gosh, it was wonderful, especially if you have equally fun-loving people on the cruise ship! The rooftop breakfast is quite a nice experience. Most importantly, they helped me to make a quick arrangement to airport when they found out that I mixed up the timings for different airports.

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

The location is PERFECT!!! It's just a few blocks away from main tourist sites of Athens (Acropolis, Zeus Temple, Agoras, etc). Even better, it's located at the lively area, brimmed with nice restaurants and cafes nearby. And the facilities are awesome (they have laundry and relatively fast wifi). The roof terrace offers a fantastic sunset view. trust me, JUST STAY HERE!

FIAP Jean Monnet

Paris, France

Quite far from city center or tourist attraction, but thankfully, it's near a metro station that directly goes there. Located in a safe neighborhood, which is important for a solo traveler like me. Facilities are okay but the check-out and breakfast time are too early.

Hostel Dolce Vita

Granada, Spain

Just like any other hostel ones i have visited, i have a very good experience here. The staff are truly friendly and dedicated, answering my relentless queries about Granada enthusiastically. As usual, they also organize activities for you and provide laundry service. The room is well furnished and clean.

Hostel One Sants

Barcelona, Spain

One of the best hostels i have been so far. The staff are so friendly and happy to help you to get you around Barcelona, giving you awesome tips on where to go and eat. The additional services are just great: laundry service, FREE activities. The rooms are clean and the facilities (wifi, comps) are just blessings for me.

Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is okay, near the museum square. No locker inside the room. Cleanliness is so-so. Staff er.... they asked me to change room for 2nd day onwards without giving me any good reason (in fact they ask all occupants of my 1st room to move to another room on 2nd day). Not really a nice thing to do. But thankfully the 2nd room is better lighted.

Navigli B&B

Milan, Italy

This is a proper hotel i guess. Located at the lively area (especially at night) of Porta Genova, nearby Porta Ticinese where you can just walk down the stretch of shops up to Il Doumo. Security is excellent as you need keys and password to enter the building. Staff is professionally friendly (remember, more like a hotel than a hostel). Quite near to a metro.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

There is a bar downstairs, so it can be quite noisy at night. Room is cleaned daily, so it's up to your roommates to keep the room clean. It's quite near the central railway station, but in a safer zone. Near a metro. The staff are friendly and still answer my incessant questions about Rome and will do their best to answer (they actually google some info for me). And they give you free drink vouchers too! The breakfast (you have to pay) is okay.

Alloggi Agli Artisti

Venice, Italy

Since I booked for a single room, they put me in a sister hotel, not the hostel that I thought I would be. At first I went to the hostel but the staff told me I was to early. As there is no proper storage facility in the hostel, i had no choice but to leave my backpack in the open. Then at night, when i was about to check in, the told me in need to go a bit to my real accommodation, the hotel. Which has better facilities (including storage). They should have told me EARLIER, saving me the worry of leaving m

Eastener Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Likes: Superb location in the center of Berlin. Once can easily go to main tourist attractions or hang out spots. The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful although their tone can be a bit strict. When the staff knew that I booked double room for myself, he gave me a discount, which made my day. Dislikes: I dont mind with a small room. It's just that the interior is too dull and the heater keeps making noise. And they dont have a heater in the bathroom. Overall: Well, I will recommend this for thos