Red Inn Cabana, Penang, Malaysia
7.1
7th Nov 2014

The Red Inn Cabana is a mosquito habitat meaning the building breeds it's own mosquitos. When there is enough water pressure for a shower it's cold water. When the internet WiFi was working it could barely handle email. These items are basic for today's traveler. Many guests were complaining. I cut my visit short and left.

Aoi Garden Home, Chiang Mai, Thailand
7.4
31st Aug 2013

AOI is a clean, affordable choice with a friendly helpfull staff and the best breakfast in town.

Thank you for staying with us for 1 week and have a good feeling with our place.We are sorry you felt disappointed that we didn't have a room for you when you asked to stay another week.We hope you find somewhere better than Aoi Garden Home.

Lub d Bangkok Siam, Bangkok, Thailand
3rd Aug 2013

Lub d' is at the center of the brand names shopping universe. Having the BTS station right outside the door adds to its ideal location. The staff are all professional and eager to please. Once you get past the warm smiles at the front desk the structure itself has that warm fuzzy feeling you get from concrete. That's OK. Lub d' is a spotlessly clean, safe & secure, dry place in a city that is anything but. I stay there every time I visit Bangkok.

Red Inn Cabana, Penang, Malaysia
5th Jun 2013

I've stayed at each of the 4 Red Inns and the Cabana in my favorite. It has a large comfortable lounge upstairs with good WiFi and a great breakfast. The Cabana is located next to the Red Garden Food Court where you could eat for a month without duplication and for less than $5 usd. The Red Garden next door turns into a bistro after 9 pm and they bang out the tunes till 1 am which you can hear clearly from the hotel. Personally I enjoy the music from that distance better.

Sunshine Bedz KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7th May 2013

Sunshine Bedz keeps getting better. Pat and his staff really knock themselves out to make everyone feel welcome. I think the diversity of the guests is the broadest (and most enjoyable) of anywhere I've stayed. A major expansion is underway nearly tripling the size of the hostel so most of everything is new and modern. I will come back here again after I explore Malaysia for a bit.

Lub d Bangkok Siam, Bangkok, Thailand
8th Aug 2012

The Siam Square location is terrific. Lub d is large, efficient, and very professionally managed. If it had a lift they would be charging hotel rates. It's my new "visa run" place to go ... I'll bring the warmth with me and leave a little behind.

15th Jul 2012

Darling Point was great. The view from the balcony is a postcard to send home. I came for 2 days & stayed 2 weeks. Anne and Peter work hard to make you feel welcome. The food in the restaurant is good and Peter does a BBQ whenever it's not raining. The large fire-pit is a wonderful place to sit and chat up other travelers from around the world. This place is across the river which means a 7 minute walk to town if the bamboo bridge is up. If its been washed out its 20 minutes the long way.

Gongkaew Chiangmai Home, Chiang Mai, Thailand
12th Jun 2012

How was my stay ... I'm still here ... that says it all. Gong Kaew has everything a traveler needs plus a park like setting. There are even chickens running around that beg for your breakfast toast like puppies.

Zackry Guest House, Langkawi, Malaysia
5.7
3rd Jun 2011

Langkawi is a very beautiful place but Zackary’s adds little to that although the room staff was pleasant and eager to please. The owner is not unfriendly he’s just indifferent to your being there preferring to spend his time decorating the place with empty Scotch bottles. The kitchen doubles as the local zoo and is ruled by a grumpy old German who sits and waits for the next opportunity to be offended by you. Thanks to Hostel Worlds feedback and rating system my expectations were right in lin

The comment was cut because it was too long: "Thanks to Hostel Worlds feedback and rating system my expectations were right in line with reality so no disappointments but I'd look at other choices and spend more if I could." The reality was pax indeed spent more time and surprisingly extended his stay for couple of nights here despite the lack of friendliness, local zoo that he did not like, etc. Should apply his own advise to himself.

Travellers Palm Lodge, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
12th Apr 2011

Aaaahhh the woman's touch. Everything is spotless and everything works the way it's suppose to. Suzy is a delight. Walking distance to all the sights. I extended my stay.

Sunshine Bedz KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9.3
4th Apr 2011

Outstanding! I'm already planning my trip back to KL and Sunshine Bedz.

Thanks for your encouragement. Definately look forward you having you here again. Pat