Jaeger Acton Hostel, London, England
6.3
11th Apr 2014

The room was large which was great. Also, surprisingly, being above a pub and next to a dance club was not a problem. It was quiet enough to sleep at night, even on a Friday and Saturday night and even with single glass windows! The worst part by the far was the bathroom situation. There is one very small toilet (you have to stand over the toilet to close the door) and one shower room for 8 rooms or so. There was a lack of hand soap and paper in the shared toilet and no towels in the room.

Hatters on Newton Street, Manchester, England
4.6
1st Jan 2014

I stayed on New Years day so this may have something to do with the poor rating. The showers are dirty, smelly and you can't control the temp. I rented a towel which was very small and malted. Shortage of padlocks for the lockers when I first arrived. The 18 bed dorm is not nice to stay in, noisy and dirty (again, could be time of the year). You only have WiFi in the common room unless you pay £5 or more and the common room was dirty. I have stayed around the world, possibly the worst vs price.

......The hostel is closed over Christmas so when we re-open I must admit that things are a little hectic! With our prices, I'm afraid we follow suit with the rest of the accomodation costs in Manchester, but always keep our prices lower than theirs, I promise!

Stone Hotel & Hostel, Utrecht, Netherlands
5.4
14th Aug 2013

I rented a double room. The room was the size of the bed and the shower room was tiny. When I arrived I was told to wait until 4pm because the room was being cleaned. The hallways are narrow and it's hard to climb the stairs as they are so steep!

Check In Hostel, Berlin, Germany
6.6
9th Aug 2013

Shower room far too wet and muddy, the floor was constantly flooded (even far away from the showers).

Generator Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
2nd Sep 2012

Best hostel Ive stayed at and I have traveled a lot. The toilet/shower in the room is far too small though, you hit the walls all the time just trying to move in and out. The main station is a minute away which gives you access to all major city railway lines.

• England, Male, 18-24
Hyde Park Hostel, London, England
5.4
17th Jul 2012

I have traveled to many poor countries in the past and stayed in hostels but this hostel is one of the worst. The showers were deprived, many taps/toilets had problems and there was a lack of storage/table/seating in the rooms. To add to this, the T.V. room & Kitchen were so so messy. Tables were covered with crumbs and in my case soup and the Kitchen was absolutely disgusting. Lack of plugs for laptop/mobile phone charging. However, because of location and price I would definitely stay again!

Sanus House, Kathmandu, Nepal
6th Jul 2011

It was my first time travelling alone and staying at sanus was a great start to my journey trough Nepal! Sarita is very kind nd helpful when it comes to preparing food and giving directions. Her cooking is very nice, I would recommend staying just for this. I visited places I didn't know existed with Sarita which was a great experience as I got to go off the beaten track. The room was good for the price although the shower took a while to heat up, but this is a problem in most places in Nepal.