• Germany, Male, 31-40
30th May 2015

Avenues Hostel, Salt Lake City, USA
7.7
2nd May 2013

I stayed for two nights and I find it kind of difficult to rate this hostel. Similar to a previous reviewer I found many "guests" awkwardly different from the type of persons I'm used to meeting at hostels. Most of them were male, seemed way older than me (I'm almost 30), and were definitely not "travelers". I didn't feel very comfortable at first and choose not to stay in the "occupied" common room. However, my impression changed when I met my "roomie" and other nice people at breakfast.

1st May 2013

For those who wander: this is a "motel", not really a hostel. However, I think it really offers excellent value for money and its not far from the strip. I'd definitely go there again.

Backpackers HQ, Sydney, Australia
30th Apr 2012

Very nice hostel with a common kitchen in the courtyard where it's easy to get to know other backpackers. The breakfast buffet covers all basic needs including coffee, tea, toast, jam ... and different kinds of cereals. Cleanliness was, if course, not perfect (it's still a hostel) but definitively way above average. The "private" shower in our room was not really comfortable for tall people; however, there are plenty of other showers with acceptable height around. Overall it's a great place!

Williamsburg HostL, New York, USA
9.0
15th May 2011

Recommendable hostel with nice staff, good price and "family atmosphere". Kitchen lacks a coffee machine (though good coffee can be bought around the corner). However, I was having difficulties to sleep at night. On the one hand, the noise level from the street was fairly high and barely absorbed by the slimmish window; on the other hand, the bunk bed was jiggling and squeaking at every minor movement of me or my roommate. Finally: the bathrooms could really be cleaned more often.

Hostel Chez Jean Montr�al, Montreal, Canada
13th May 2011

We got a 2 bed room for one night and actually didn't spend much time in the hostel. However, the time we did spend there was excellent. Staff was friendly; they lend me a free towel; we instantly got into contact with other hostel members on the beautiful terrace; room was small but sufficient; beds were solid; bathroom clean; the night was quiet and we could open our window; they have a (tuned!) piano in the 'lobby' :) ...they could add some more local activities to the blackboard though.