Hotel Genzianella

Florence, Italy

This hostel was a refreshing glass of cold water. I cannot recommend this hostel any more than I do. The staff is simply AMAZING; even going out of their way to help me when I broke my foot on a tour in Tuscany. The owner drove me to get my X-ray! This place is absolutely the cleanest hostel I have ever been to, the breakfast is simple but fantastic, they are a bit far from the action but it is still very walkable (or there is a direct bus down to where everything is). Need anything, simply ask!

WORST HOSTEL EVER. This place is disgustingly dirty; they LOCK YOU OUT from 10am-5pm to "clean" but NEVER clean. Woke us up in the middle of the night to make beds for new guests because NOTHING is cleaned during the 8 HOURS they lock you out! Internet is only in lobby, not in rooms as advertised. Yes you get free pasta but you could literally make it yourself for pennies (think boiled noodles, canned sauce). REFUSED to refund my last night when I couldn't take it anymore and left Rome early.

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

AMAZING hostel! Secure, clean, VERY nice and helpful staff. Rooftop bar overlooks Acropolis and is absolutely beautiful. Sports bar over at the lofts is very cool and a great place to wind down. I stayed at the lofts and it was perfect, not full of partying late teens/early 20somethings but amazing people you can actually have a conversation with (and then party). Super easy to get to via metro and these people will help you find anything and everything! Can't say enough good things about staff!

Orient Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Excellent hostel! Very close to everything in the old city. Very clean and the staff is pretty helpful. Breakfast is fantastic and their rooftop bar is pretty darn cool. Can't say enough good things about this place!

Castle Rock Hostel