Cute kitchen for cooking meals, great little roof top terrace, good wifi, friendly staff, and minutes walk from both the beach and the old town/bars/restaurants/shopping. Only problem, bed bugs in my room :( Staff were extremely apologetic, offered to pay for treatment, and closed off the room for fumigation. It was actually a great little hostel and would definitely recommend it so long as this issue had been dealt with.

• 30th Oct 2013

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

The location is perfect, right in the centre of Madrid. When we fell through the door with our two heavy backpacks, the staff were so friendly, and they picked up our bags and took them to our room. They have plenty of organized activities as well as good recommendations. If I had to be picky, the bathroom floors were usually wet when I went in.

• 17th Oct 2013

Albergue Zaragoza Hostel

Zaragoza, Spain

We were only there for one night in October. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean, bathrooms were comfortable. The kitchen was very dirty the one night we were there however.

• 7th Oct 2013

Equity Point Centric

Barcelona, Spain

Easy to get to via the metro, great location (easy walking distance to Plaza de Catalunya/La Rumbla/good restaurants), lockers sufficient. Was there in October and the wifi didn't work on my laptop/phone/any of my friends or roommate's devices. The staff did give us free 20 min cards to use on the hostel computers, but after that we had to top it up ourselves (it wasn't expensive), and the internet was slow, which was a little frustrating as we were trying to book buses/do research etc.

• 5th Oct 2013

Mana Mana Hostel

Tossa de Mar, Spain

Such a lovely little hostel, right in the middle of the old town, easy walking distance to everything (granted the town isn't very big). Staff/owners so sweet and helpful, with great local recommendations. Rooftop terrace has great views of the town and castle, and was a great place for socializing/making and eating paella/chilling out. Facilities were all new and clean (kitchen, beds, lockers); showers spacious, clean and hot. Was a very homely hostel, will definitely recommend and return!

• 21st Sep 2013

Alba Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

The hostel was clean and the beds comfy enough. Staff were friendly. Lower marks for "fun," as there wasn't a bar or activities readily available, however I was there during a quiet time.

• 3rd Oct 2011