Moscow Home-Hostel

Moscow, Russia

An excellent alternative. Very good value for money! Facilities just perfect, everything you need, in good condition and very clean. Totally recommend it! Just a piece of advise: try to print a map of the directions; it might proove just a bit challenging to get there the first time (and people around rather don't speak English) ;)

A la Russe Hotel & Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Great value for money! Highlights: very close to Kremlin, friendly staff! This hostel is perfect for real backpackers not giving much attention to luxuries. Its facilities lack nothing, (kitchen, luggage storage incl.) although they are not really fancy. If you are a bit demanding and cheap at the same time, this might not be the right place for you to save money.

Louise 20

Dresden, Germany

The best value for money you can get! Well located, kitchen access, very nice and clean rooms... totally recommend it!

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

Basically, there's nothing to complain about this hostel and it's location just in front of the main train station is very convenient. Personally, I missed the old-fashioned "family-business" side of things... The price was just OK.

Arsenal Tavern Hostel

I stayed for one night, and I should say it's basically a good (ie cheap) option for backpackers to stay in otherwise very expensive London.. I wasn't actually very happy with the beds, but otherwise it was just OK. Highlights: a nice tavern downstairs and well communicated with city centre. No kitchen.

Schlafmeile Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I booked an 8 EUR dorm for >4 days, and this is what I think about it: Whether you travel alone or in company, if you're looking for the backpacker's spirit this an awesome place to stay in Berlin. Highlights: a huge kitchen where to cook you own stuff, a very nice staff always ready to help you, very clean facilities, a very familiar atmosphere, and a very cool place to get to know other backpackers. Also very close to alternative Friedrichshain! In short: definitely worth it!

Schlafmeile Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Thnx a lot guys!

I paid some 10 GBP and stayed 2 nights. The location was very convenient for me (I had to go to Wembly area).. I wasn't particularly astonished with the facilities, which might be improved quite a bit. Highlights: a huge kitchen to cook your own stuff, and a cute pub downstairs. The price was also cheaper than normally to be found in London, so it's a big plus for low-budget travelers like me.

I stayed here for some 4 nights and paid some 8 EUR each. I must say this is the perfect hostel for demanding, low-budget travelers. Everything was just perfect. Hightlights: very very clean, modern and stylish facilities, amazing location (less than 1 km away from Museums Island), super friendly staff, a cute bar downstairs,... and cheap! Missing: a kitchen or at least a microwave oven for backpackers like me trying to cook their own food. In short: simply worth every cent. Cheers!

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

It meets perfectly everything you'd expect from a hostel.