The Dictionary, Shoreditch

I stayed here in October and loved it but this time I was pretty disappointed. There are mice in the rooms which ate through mine and another girls bags looking for food. The rooms and bathrooms are not adequately cleaned - a girl in my room saw a cleaner sweeping food under the beds. Also reception should assign beds because the cleaners have no idea which beds people are staying in so you would come back to find your bed made up and your clothes and other belongings thrown on the floor.

Apologies for the issues you had during your stay! We work hard to keep the building clean and we definitely have taken this up with the team. I hope you will give us another try next time! :)

Target Hostel

Zakopane, Poland

Hostel was nice and clean and the location is good. the staff were friendly and helpful, the showers could be warmer but would still stay here again.

Ciak Hostel

Rome, Italy

I stayed here for three nights in the summer and came back for one night. Atmosphere wasn't as good because obviously the summer crowd has gone and the 4 mixed bed dorm I stayed in had a bit of a mouldy bathroom but would still stay here again it's a great location and has free breakfast.

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

I stayed here for five nights and loved it - shoreditch is an excellent location and the hostel is close to public transport. Staff are helpful and the bar makes it really easy to meet people. Bathroom could be a little cleaner but the 8 bed dorm i stayed in was really spacious and I will definitely stay here next time in London. Cheers for the free breakfast too!

• 27th Oct 2013

This hostel really feels like you are staying in someone's home - it is so clean and comfortable and the staff really look after you with an amazing breakfast and cheap dinner nights and free desserts. Definitely recommend this hostel, it feels more like a bed and breakfast it's of such a high standard. Thanks guys for such a pleasant stay.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Sky Backpackers

Dublin, Ireland

I stayed here on a Tuesday night before a very early flight to Wales and it was very noisy because of the bar next door but besides that everything seemed really great - the staff were very helpful with booking me to a shuttle to the airport, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean.

• 22nd Oct 2013

Hello there! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. We are sorry you found the bar across the lane noisy, this is not a regular occurrence perhaps an event was on this night. However we do have earplugs available at reception in case any of our guests would like them. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, we pride ourselves in ensuring each of our guests enjoy there stay. We offer a great shuttle bus service to the airport glad you liked it. Carla

Ciak Hostel

Rome, Italy

This hostel has a great location - it's close enough to get to the sights of Rome on foot or by metro but also far enough away from all the tourists and feel like you are actually in Italy because there's a lot of locals in the area and there are great, cheap places to eat nearby. It's really easy to meet people in this hostel and the facilities are good, free breakfast is great and the staff for the most part are pretty helpful (girl in the morning not as much!)

I stayed at this hostel for a night stopover in Rome before an early train from termini and it served this purpose fine. I wouldn't stay at this hostel for any other reason besides an early morning train, there's no atmosphere or social area and the area near termini train station is pretty dodgy at night.