Compass del Sur

Puerto Varas, Chile

Very convenient to lake and buses, rooms bright and clean, bathrooms need an upgrade - showers should have doors not curtains since they flood if someone doesn't pull it inside. Downstairs dark, big kitchen but no common spices, etc. Camping is still expensive, and you don't get a key if you do...get hostel bed instead, better bathrooms and better treatment. Staff helpful but one woman came to me while I was actually eating dinner with fork in hand to whisper to me to pay?she's there til 12!

Margouya Patagonia

Puerto Varas, Chile

Fully stocked kitchen, good wifi, nice atmosphere. Lots of room in the rooms (not cramped) and nice beds. Staff though was not too friendly and when checking in did not give a tour but did for others, then at check out girl wanted to ignore me while she talked to a new customer about bicycle options, even customer thought this was rude and stopped the receptionist to let me check out.

Knutsen Housing and Hostal

Santiago, Chile

Stumbled on Knutsen on HW after staying at the swank Rado in Bellavista so it was a big of a downgrade. Owner super friendly and sweet chill space - hammocks and balconies to sun in. It's quite basic, you have what you need, a bed a table, kitchen for use, but in general the place needs more than just a facelift. There were stains on my walls and the window to the balcony didn't close. No locker. Trickly shower Not much in the area for nightlife but not sight seeing.Good chill spot. Sweet dogs!

H Rado Hostel

Santiago, Chile

I stayed at Rado over New Year's when LAN airlines lost my luggage. Staff was incredibly helpful and cared about it! Although the luggage was at the airport and LAN didn't bring it til late Jan 1, I still had a nice stay at Rado - nice upstairs balcony, fast wifi, free tea/coffee, kitchen, views, next to tons of nighlife and not too loud! Thanks Rado for helping me get my bag back! Staff knows good places/great tips too!

International Budget Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel is great if you need a bed for the night and don't want to pay a lot. It's a pity that the sitting area stinks of pot smoke - personally I don't smoke so I had to sit in the kitchen table area which is windowless. Make sure you lock up your stuff in the nice big lockers they've got, security is not tight and some travelers who came in the room then left may have been rummaging in my back pack (it was unzipped). Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Reception lockout is not so nice.

Tracks Bed & Breakfast

Kuching, Malaysia

The location and staff are fine...but Tracks is located above a loud bar, so if you're in the 1st floor hostel, you won't get any rest esp at weekends. Dorm room is small = no where for luggage and no lockers! Mattress was thin enough to feel the slats under you and my bed creaked and moaned at every move like it was about to break. Lumpiest pillow ever. There was one shared grotty bathroom on the first floor which hasn't been cleaned for ages. A bit shoddy all around for the price.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed here during the Sangkran water festival and we were strategically located with a Huge bucket of water! Lots of fun. Amazing how clean the place stayed with all this going on, the clay and water and everything. The rooftop balcony is wee but they have a washer and drier up there! Very clean! Like this place!