I enjoyed my stayed. Lots of friendly long-termers, an average kitchen and the communal areas have coffee tables instead of desks. Food got stolen often from the fridge, despite being clearly labeled.

• 12th Jan 2013

Close to Greenwich, close to DLR. Being more of a pub than a hostel I can forgive them for: the depressing breakfast featuring the worst toaster in the world, wifi being down for the entire week, being kicked out of the common area all day for children's birthdays, functions, etc; triple bunkbeds wrapped in noisy plastic, crusty blocked sinks and showers, pub patrons, animals in the bar and the best hits from the 80's, 90's and late 90s played all day, every day. Food is ok, but expensive.

• 29th Oct 2012

Full of friendly long-term travellers looking for work. Staff are OK, but need to put in a bit more of an effort. New kitchen became gross quickly. Unisex shower room wasn't a problem for me but could be for others. Two days worth of my food was stolen/thrown away despite being labeled and dated. Lots of bean bags and low coffee tables, but what they really need to do is ditch the foozball and pool tables that nobody uses and install some desks. Everybody is looking for work and needs a desk.

• 17th Oct 2012

D.lux Hostel

Sydney, Australia

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at * Dorm has mold on the walls and in showers * Dorm wasn't cleaned at all * Hallways smelt of smoke or booze or dope * Staff, with one exception, were distant/uncaring * Their cancellation policy differs from their website * You must sign an agreement to pay $750 (figure varies) if you set the fire alarm off. Fire alarm is next to the bathroom and is set off by steam from the shower. * Internationals only! It's hidden in their hostelworld description I could go on

• 29th Sep 2011

Hi Luke Sounds like you had a bad experience and for this we are deeply sorry but we did hear off your roomates there are some other issues that really were upsetting you that had nothing to do with Dlux and it does saden me that you are taking it out on our hostel. Our policy for refund has never changed and yes it is a $750 fine to anyone who sets off a fire alarm in a Sydney hostel check with other hostels if you like. We just like to make sure you know thats all we are trying to help you so you dont get a fine. Since we brought in the sign up sheet relating to fire alarms we have not had a single alarm go off so it works. As for our policy on refund it is exactly the same as our website so please dont be angry with our policy it is very fair. As for your comments on mould in the rooms and bathroom l know this is not true as our bathrooms are practically new and yes they certainly get messy from time to time but our payed cleaners do clean everyday. Luke l really hope you come back to visit my name is Laurence the Dlux manager and l take pride in our hostel and truly care about peoples stay with us so l encourage you to come back and l assure you your stay will be fantastic. kind regards Laurence hostel manager.