Fountain Court Hotel

Birmingham, England

I thought this place was good. Staff were really friendly, the room had the home comforts you needed. I guess the place was a bit old and worn but it brought it charm. Full English breakfast that was included was brilliant. There were two really small cute quiet dogs but i guess its worth mentioning to people in case they are allergic to fur. the bed was very squeaky which is prob the only reason why i wouldnt stay there again. but overall for one person for one night it was great.

• 22nd Oct 2013

you cant beat this hostel for location, so I would go back there for that. the breakfast could do with improvement but its good that its there as it brings a good atmosphere to the place. i liked the idea of the bar downstairs and there are security guys on the door which makes staying at the hostel safe (as well as the key cards of course). i liked the way the female bathrooms were laid out but the showers need changing as they are not powerful, the temp is not adjustable, the locks dont work

• 19th Oct 2013

Chillout Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Close to the train station. you have to ring a buzzer to let you into the gate and go up several flights of stairs to reception. I received a really warm and friendly welcome from the girl on reception. The hostel was a block of flats. The flat I had, had two large bedrooms which were converted into dorms. The room was modern, I had my own locker, which was good. I think the bathrooms need improving because they were small, no where to put stuff, the sensor lights went off when showering.

• 14th Sep 2013

Rosy Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

We LOVED our stay here. The staff were so friendly; they arranged a free pick up for us, carried our suitcases and shook our hands when we got there. The food is mainly British western (which was perfect for us) but there is a selection of Khmer food too. Smiley (aka Ian) organised our Vietnam visas for us, even though we didnt give him much time to do it, he even asked us if we wanted him to arrange our flight there. he suggested great tours for us to go on. I highly recommend it!

• 19th Jan 2013

Aqua Boutique Guesthouse

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

We were incredibly disappointed with our stay here. They gave us a double when we asked for a twin. On the 2nd night we asked for an extra sheet for the bed but the man said he wanted it back the next day.The room was dirty. There was a cob web which remained there for the duration of our stay. There were insects smaller than ants that were crawling in the fridge and out of the wood work, a man came with a can of raid that he left with us, which cured the problem. Breakfast was awful. DON'T STAY

• 16th Jan 2013

3 Sis Bed and Breakfast

Chiang Mai, Thailand

We LOVED this guesthouse from the moment we walked through the door. Great service and well designed. Open spaces in the lobby area to sit and relax with free wifi. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was great too, we had a twin private ensuite. Air conditioning, tv with English movie channels, comfortable beds, fridge with two small bottles of water provided. We wished we could have stayed here longer.

• 15th Jan 2013

Parami Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

We loved the character of the hotel and Roger was very helpful. We liked that there were comfortable spaces to go and sit to eat, relax and use the wifi.

• 11th Jan 2013

West Well

Shanghai Zhujiajiao, China

The location was good and the staff were helpful and friendly. Free Americano coffee was available to all residents, which was definitely a plus! They had wifi in the lounge area but unfortunately it did not extend to the room we were in. There was a small cafe serving drinks but it would have been good to have some food for breakfast time. Thanks for great stay in Zhujiajiao!

• 24th Apr 2012
  • All Female Group, 41+

I really enjoyed my stay here and I would definitly come back. It felt really sociable, great showers and bathrooms; clean and modern, cheap buffet breakfast, and having wifi is definilty a plus!

• 24th Apr 2011