Brisbane City Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Pros- decent size room, across the street from a supermarket, 15 min walk to Queen Street Mall Cons- they have a bar inside hostel-always drunk people around at night, theme nights in bar are demoralizing, wifi works some of the time or not at all, no heat in rooms but they do provide blankets if you ask for one

Elizabeth Hostel

Melbourne, Australia

Hostel is across the street from the Queen Victoria Market which is great. It's walking distance from many things in the CBD. The customer service is ok. The rooms are big or at least the female room. There are no personal outlets or lights by bed. There were three showers in girls bathroom but one was out of service and the other had no shower door. There is very good free wifi and power outlets only in common area. There is no elevator, but staff will help you with your luggage.

Nomads Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia

If I knew this hostel had no free wifi, I would have never stayed. Having "internet service" doesn't mean free wifi (and all nomad hostels are the same). The MAD travel desk wasn't as helpful as I thought they would be. The elevator was in and out of service. There are 5 floors. There are about three or four showers on the floor but one was always out of service. One bathroom has only "cold" water for hands and brushing teeth. The rooms have heat but no outlets or lamps near beds.

Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Close to main streets in old quarter, awesome breakfast- eggs made for you when you arrive, you make your own toast with butter and there's coffee or tea to drink. The manager is very sweet and informative. Would stay here again...I just wish all girls were cleaner!!! girls bathrooms are disgusting sometimes to even walk in! There is ac and fan in the room! They offer airport pickup!

Drifter Jack's Hostel

Austin, USA

I didn't stay for long but I loved the free breakfast and the comforter was very warm. I didn't like the connecting bathroom between a male room and a female room, but there is a way to ensure no one accidently walks in on you. It's a hostel that takes on the college atmosphere from UT.

Surf City Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

This hostel is located near the beach, which is a plus!. Parking is difficult here. I'm not one for clubs, bars, and loud music. There were too many drunk guest in this hostel. That's not my cup of tea. Won't stay here again.

The hostel overall is located next to a beach which is AWESOME. But the community environment is very hippyish, and I wasn't ready for that. Also I prefer hostel with an age limit. Something doesn't sit right with me in having teeangers/young adults and grown/elderly men and women (who are strangers) sharing a space. I know backpackers these days can be any age, but the atmosphere changes when you realize people your parents age and older are sharing a room with you!

Oak Hostel

Tokyo, Japan

I had a hard time finding this hotel. The atmosphere and facilities are poor. You don't see anyone unless they're checking in. To make the kitchen more functional it needs to be opened up, perhaps into one of the rooms on the first floor (it's way too small). The rooms are a decent size but the bathrooms are very small. I also had a horrible time sleeping because of someone snoring. On the other side, it's in a great location close to the metro and shops. I wouldn't stay here again.

This hostel is in a great location and easily accessible to the metro. The staff was friendly and very very helpful. One girl on two occasions helped me find store locations and printed out directions for me. They have guide books for you to use to explore tokyo. The only downside is the security during office hours and the atmosphere can be a bit more livelier. The entrance door opens using a sensor. Literally anyone can just walk in during regular hours. Also, they have a great kitchen.

Thank you for your stay. We are happy if you liked our hostel. About the entrance, we close the main entrance from 10pm. Then only our guest can get into the hostel use the PIN code for security. Your comment will help us to improve our service. Thank you very much! We are looking forward to seeing you!

This hostel is perfectly close to Waikiki Beach, all while being close to bus stops other beaches and TONS of shopping! This hostel also does a great job of letting you know about upcoming and daily events. They offer a ton of activities and tours (some more expensive then others) for guests. I would stay here again.

I thought this hostel was in a great location. My only problem were the bathrooms being shared with men and women, with the execption of the all girls bed in the basement. On the hand there are nice size bedrooms and storage for your belongings.