Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 28

Slottsskogens Youth Hostel

Gothenburg, Sweden

The hostel was very clean and had a nice common area. A bit of a walk to the downtown area, but the tram stop is close by.

Global Village Kensington

Toronto, Canada

Great location, although this is my least favorite of staying in two other Hostels in the Toronto area. The hostel felt dirty, although it seemed to be under renovation, so this could change in a few months. I was dissapointed in the lack of any decent common areas.

Promised Land Lodge

Zanzibar, Tanzania

This is a beautiful, secluded hotel that rents out individual huts. Some of the huts are connected, and the walls are paper thin so there is no noise barrier. The showers are salt water (not as salty as the sea), so you never really feal clean. The staff was amazing, and I hope to return to this place within the next few years.

Very nice hostel to stage for a trip to the Serengetti or Mt. Kilimanjaro. Showers are adequate, and there is hot water when the power is on. Breakfast was included with the price, as was dinner one night, good food. I felt very safe at this hostel. It has a nice view of Arusha as well.

Transit Motel Ukonga

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Bad area after dark, but felt safe here. Only stayed here one night due to late flight, staff was very accommodating.

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

My go to place in Toronto. The staff is always friendly and the common room is an easy way to meet people. Great location.

The common area is nice, but difficult to interact with other people. There was a nice bar in the basement, with some over priced food. There wasn't anything in the immediate area, although it was close to an Underground stop. The large dorm room was really nice, every bed had its own curtain, and I've never seen beds built so well in a hostel before.

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

The staff was amazing. Free/ cheap delicious food every night I stayed there. The bar is amazing, fantastic atmosphere, easy to meet people, very easy going. 24-hour reception, felt very safe, by far my favorite hostel. If I'm every in Prague again, I'm going back here.

Hostel Central

Munich, Germany

This was a very nice hostel, with a very lively common area and good location. The crowd was very young though.

Nice common area, great staff (very fun). This hostel had a very young crowd though, everyone looked under 20.

2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Some of close restrooms were out of order, which made climbing a few flights of stairs inconvenient to use the shower. Otherwise, this was a good hostel.

Good hostel, not much of a common area. In a good location near some delicious restaurants.

Kipps Brighton

Brighton, England

Small common area, near some bars, although it was difficult to find late night food around here!

YHA Salisbury

Salisbury, England

Just outside of the main town, but everything was easily in walking distance. The rooms were set up nice, and there seemed to be adequate showers and restrooms.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Bar on the first floor of this hostel makes it a bit easier to meet people than some. Cold showers, but I was only there for 1 night so it might not be typical. I wouldn't mind staying here again, but would check out different ones before returning.

Posada San Francisco

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Fantastic hostel, would stay here again. Great location within the old San Juan district, although a bit far from the beach. No issues at all, stayed several nights.

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Hostel was great, if I am ever back in the area I will look it up again. Lockers do not come with locks and have very small holes, so I couldn't use the lock that I brought myself, although you can rent a lock for a small fee. Most computers I've seen at a hostel (6), but they were always in use.