Avalon House KTM

Kathmandu, Nepal

Great quiet location with 3 mins walk to Thamel. Enjoyed the true Nepali friendliness of Mr Saput, owner and his sincere and friendly staff. Loved the Free hearty breakfast and the Free Wifi that connects well. The rooftop cafe offers a splendid panaromic view of city. Mr Saput, owner of trekking company, offers me, many great advise on trekking trails and good tourist spots. Helped me booked a cheap flight to Pohkara. I will strongly recommend, clean, safe and affordable Avalon House to all.

Tropic Inn

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Great and friendly staff.

Lotus Lodge

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Location is slightly off the touristy sites and market centers but if one prefers the countryside setting, this Lotus Lodge could be a serene place to stay.

Guilin Riverside Hostel

Guilin, China

Friendly staff and strategic location that is accessible to local transports, food and tourist spots. It's abt 100m off the main road,located by the river and it offers some peace and quietness to the travellers.

Friendly staff and clean room.

Fenghuang Biancheng Hostel

Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

Centrally located near famed Hong Qiao, food outlets, wet market and river banks. Excellent and friendly staff. My only comment for improvement - the English signboard for the hotel is needed. A small signboard, in a very inconspicous location, wrote the hzostel as "Bordertown", I think. Definitely, not as Biancheng! Not literate in Chinese, I had slight difficulties in searching for the hostel ...until I called the receptionist for help.

The owner, Mr River is very hospitable, friendly and service oriented. He can communicate well in English and he has a good grasp of the needs of the travellers. I have decided to extend another 2 days in the same hotel.