Hotel Casa Lea

Florence, Italy

The rates here are quite reasonable, but the hotel surpassed all our expectations. Great old building, lovely vintage furniture and fittings, friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is only a 15-minute walk from the Duomo, and a short bus ride from the station. Would certainly stay here again, if we came to Florence.

Affittacamere Patrizia

Cinque Terre, Italy

I would recommend booking here only if you can find out in advance where your apartment will be located. Their main office is in a convenient central location, but the apartment we got was quite far away, and we had to climb a large number of steep stairs to go up a hillside. Travellers who have suitcases would really struggle. On the other hand, the room and the shared bathroom were nice and clean, and good value for money.

B&B Villa Melchiorre

Milan, Italy

We were looking for a hotel close to the station for a night's stay, and this one fit the bill. The area seemed a bit seedy, but probably not unsafe. Our room had a nice balcony. Good breakfast too. We were in a rush (had a train to catch), but the staff let us pack some croissants, jam, etc. We felt that the light in our room was a bit dim and made it seem gloomy at night, even though it was otherwise a nice room. Perhaps the hotel would consider a brighter light fixture. Good value for money.

L' Imbarcadero

Venice, Italy

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Kex is really an incredible hostel. It's location is excellent, at one end of the main thoroughfare. It has loads of character and awesome quirky decor. The staff are so nice and they double up as a travel desk, and can give you travel advice and organise all your tour bookings etc. for you. The coffee is great too. If there's any room for improvement, I'd say wifi (doesn't reach all the floors) and maybe the bathrooms could be improved slightly. But overall: great hostel, highly recommended!

Jimmyz Backpackers

Sapporo, Japan

New Road Guest House

Bangkok, Thailand

The common area is good. But I felt the rooms (at least the one I was in) could do with a spruce-up, and especially, brighter lighting. Still, good value for money.

Dear Sroyon Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at New Road Guesthouse. We have a lot of different rooms at our hostel and some of them are quite cheap. I agree with you that the cheap rooms are "good value for money". But we are glad to receive your feedback, which will be taken into account! We hope to see you again in the in the near future!

I had a really great time here. No suggestions for improvements, really. Please keep up the good work!