bike it + canoe! by Bike it
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Once in Tigre, there is an optional tour: canoeing through the picturesque rivers and inner brooks in handmade Canadian canoes.
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Takes Place In: Buenos Aires
Required for Extras:
- $15.00 USD
What to bring:
- Waterproof Clothing
- Comfortable Footwear
- Insect Repellant
- Packed Lunch
Included in price:
The bike it Tour
Our tour destination is Tigre, a town in northern Greater Buenos Aires, that lies on the Delta of the Paraná River. First, we take a train to the suburbs. After our 20-minute train ride we´ll get off the train at a residential neighborhood from where we´ll cycle bordering the Rio de la Plata (following the Tren de la Costa track) up to Tigre. We´ll ride through San Isidro´s historical quarter and get into its Nature Reserve. We' ll pedal along San Fernando and other strategic points from where we will be able to see Buenos Aires city in the distance, contrasting with the immensity of the river...
*Get into the Delta*
Once in Tigre, there is an optional tour: canoeing through the picturesque rivers and inner brooks in handmade Canadian canoes (they are safe, and don´t require previous experience). You will have a paddling instructor that will take you into the islands. You´ll see how the islands have been built up by the sediments carried down by rivers that run through several countries of South America, and plenty of typical plant species, as well as witnessing the particular way of life of the delta residents.
This tour includes a stop on an island where you will also get a snack and a drink.
We come back by train.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- An approximate amount of USD15.00 is required to cover tour extras.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.