Tigre Tour Full Day by Tangol by Tangol
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Our tour visits the north of the city wich is a rich area surrounded by stylish houses, inspiring cathedrals and all the beauty of the rivers & delta. Our boat trip is a must !!!
- Departure times: 10:30
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Takes Place In: Buenos Aires
What to bring:
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
This tour is designed for people who want to get away from the masses, and are interested in other aspects of culture and nature. You will join a small group for a relaxed walking tour.
The tour begins at the Plaza San Martín, where we will learn some important facts related to the foundation, development and subsequent expansion of the city and the province of Buenos Aires. Then we take the Mitre train, which leads us to the town of San Isidro, icon of the Argentinean aristocracy. Here the eponymous chapel by the Spanish explorer Domingo de Acassusso was founded in 1706. The temple is now one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in the country, and is part of the old quarter, which includes the pictographic "Paseo de los Ombúes" an interesting vantage point.
Then take another train, the "Tren de la Costa", up to the delta station in the district of Tigre. A few blocks away is the Puerto de Frutos, link between life on the islands and the mainland, which formerly supplied the islands and sold what was produced there. It is now a local tourist spot, visited every weekend by the people of Buenos Aires, as a place of leisure along the river. In the port we will have free time to view the fair and take pictures. Later, we will walk to the river port of Tigre where we will see the monumental rowing clubs that make Tigre the national capital district of this activity.
Next, we will take a boat and cruise through the canals of one of the largest deltas in the world, where we see how the inhabitants turned this swampy area into a developed one with grass paths and canals of fresh water. On the way we will see the yacht clubs, the house and museum of former President Sarmiento (who encouraged the first inhabitants of the area to live there), and the market, taxi and ambulance boats. After leaving the delta we cruise down the De la Plata River, the widest in the world, along the Costanera Navigation Canal, parallel to the coast of the city. We will arrive in Buenos Aires, seeing the skyline of the city, along with the River Plate Stadium, the University of Buenos Aires Campus and the city's port and cruise terminal. Our boat trip and our tour end in Puerto Madero.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.