Flinders Outback Explorer 4 Days by Groovy Grape Getaways
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Day 1 We escape the city and head north and then onto the beautiful Flinders Ranges. Passing through small country towns like Quorn and Hawker and discovering the ancient Aboriginal artwork at the Yourambulla Caves on the way. We stop at a viewpoint for amazing photos and keep an eye out for the abundance of wildlife that inhabits this expanse. Tonight we stay at Angorichina, in the magnificent Parachilna Gorge.
Day 2 Destination outback! We visit Talc Alf - this outback artist is a true character! From Maree, rich in its history of camel trains, along the Oodnadatta Track, we follow the old Ghan Railway and its long abandoned railway settlements. We traverse the bottom of Lake Eyre and stop at Coward Springs for a relaxing, all-natural spa. This is remote territory, with red, stony plains stretching to the horizon. At William Creek we stay at the "Trillion Star Hotel" and camp out under the desert's sky in our comfy swags.
Day 3 Taking an isolated track through Anna Creek, the largest working cattle station in the world, we head for Coober Pedy - opal capital of the world for lunch. We take an underground tour to learn about the history of Coober Pedy and its opal. Free time is available to explore the charms of the opal town or "noodle" for opals. We sleep overnight in an underground bunkhouse.
Day 4 With an early departure, we cruise down the Stuart Highway with pit-stops en route. Relax and take in the arid outback scenery, before we return to Adelaide around 6pm.
Departs Adelaide the first Friday of every month
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.