Rock Patrol (Adelaide - Alice Springs) - 6 Days by Groovy Grape Getaways
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Every Tuesday & Saturday NOVEMBER 2012 - NOVEMBER 2013 from 6:30am Departures Adelaide Every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday DECEMBER 2013 - MARCH 2014 from 6:30am
- Departure times: Varied
- Takes Place In: Adelaide
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Comfortable Footwear
- What to Bring:
- Hat, sunscreen, walking shoes, insect repellant, water bottle, bathers, sleeping bag (or hire one from us for $15.) Otherwise all the usual stuff, and most important a sense of adventure.
Included in price:
Day 1 With an early start, we head north through one of Australia's oldest wine regions, the Clare Valley. We enter the Southern Flinders Ranges and after lunch hike Dutchman's Stern for stunning views of the Spencer Gulf and surrounding ranges and plains. Tonight we camp, amongst the redgum trees of Stony Creek.
Day 2 After breakfast we head to Coober Pedy, home to 80% of the world's opal and a landscape a lot like Mars. We take a tour of an opal mine and check out some of the town's unique underground attractions. We also make some new friends at Josephine's Kangaroo Orphanage. Tonight we sleep like the locals - underground, in bunkhouse accommodation.
Day 3 We head towards Uluru. On arrival we set up camp and go out for our first Uluru sunset. Nothing really prepares you for The Rock - it's awesome!
Day 4 After another fantastic breakfast we enjoy a walk around the base of Uluru and spend time learning about the Aboriginal people at the Cultural Centre. We return to the campground for lunch and spend the rest of day soaking up the magic of Uluru.
Day 5 Up with the birds for breakfast, today it's at Kata Tjuta (The Olgas). We hike the majestic Valley of the Winds with its incredibly ancient rock formations. Lunch is at the campground, with a departure for the bar and swimming pool at Kings Creek Station 'just down the road'.
Day 6 We walk Watarrka (Kings Canyon) to experience the fantastic views of the gorge, huge sandstone walls and the immense canyon floor. The cool water hole in the Garden of Eden is just so special. After lunch we cruise into Alice Springs to arrive at approximately 6:30pm.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.