Whitsunday Islands-Reef & Camira - Backpacker by Awesome Adventures Oz
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Combine two of the best experiences out on the Whitsunday waters with a fantastic day at Great Barrier Reef and another day sailing through the stunning Whitsunday Islands.
- Departs from: There are various departures daily. Please call reservations to confirm your departure at least 48hours before your trip commences.
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 2 Days
- Takes Place In: Whitsundays
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- ** PLEASE NOTE: **
- Prices are per person.
- Backpacker rate is available only on presentation of a valid student, Peterpans, YHA, ISIC, VIP, NOMADS or, BASE card.
- Open tickets please give 14 days notice to book. All bookings MUST reconfirm 48hrs in advance. Ph: 1800 293 7663 or 07 4946 4662 or from outside AU: +61 7 4946 4662.
- Complimentary transfers to/from Airlie Beach accommodation to Abel Point Marina are available. Please advise reservations of your accommodation prior to departure/arrival.
Included in price:
• Two days on the water, exploring the best of the Whitsundays
• The thrill of high-speed sailing through the famous and spectacular Whitsunday Islands
• Time to explore stunning Whitehaven beach and swim in the warm tropical waters
• Diving among colourful marine life
• Beach activities
• Morning and afternoon tea
• An all-you-can-eat lunch
• Coach transfers from all Airlie Beach accommodation to Abel Point Marina and Shute Harbour
• Giant waterslide
• Spectacular panoramic underwater viewing chamber
• Subsea Adventure rides
• Free wetsuit usage
• Presentations by reef experts
• Sundecks for topping up your tan
• Massage / helicopter scenic flights (extra cost).
Great Barrier Reef Adventures:
Experience the ultimate outer Great Barrier Reef trip with Cruise Whitsundays! Discover the underwater wonderland of magnificent corals, colourful fish and marine life.
The Great Barrier Reef is truly one of the great wonders of the natural world and a "must-see" for any visitor to the region. Formed millions of years ago, this colourful living reef continues to grow and flourish just off the coast from the Whitsundays. Hundreds of different types of fish and hard and soft coral thrive in the sheltered lagoon.
Our pontoons have a choice of areas to relax and a great range of activities. There is undercover seating and tables, sun decks for topping up the tan, freshwater showers, change rooms and full access to the air conditioned comfort of 'Seaflight'. There are numerous ways to explore the reef, from the underwater viewing chamber, to the semi-submersible submarines, or snorkelling like a fish beneath the sea!
The pontoons are adjacent to coral walls, the length of which you can explore. Protected as it is, it has its own ecosystem with magnificent corals and a diversity of marine life found only in sheltered areas. It provides a unique world for you to explore. The prolific fish life will surprise and delight you - especially the giant groper!
Morning tea, afternoon tea and a sumptuous buffet lunch are included. Leading and award winning restaurants from Airlie Beach supply our catering, taking care to base the menu on seasonality and the best produce available. Free tea and coffee is available and there is also a bar onboard serving a full range of alcoholic and soft drinks.
Getting there is half the fun onboard 'Seaflight', our 37-metre wavepiercer, ideally suited to outer reef cruising. With its superior sea handling,' Seaflight' is the largest vessel in the Whitsundays and offers a comfortable ride, being fitted with a motion control system. It has spacious air conditioned lounges, large outer viewing decks and two bars serving refreshments.
*Our care for the environment
Cruise Whitsundays has a strong environmental ethic. We believe the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsundays natural environment are the most important aspects of our operation. We want to ensure the reef will be preserved for the future, so our activities and operations are designed to follow world-best environmental practices.
*Activities at the Reef
Included in your day at the Great Barrier Reef is full use of the pontoon facilities. But if you want to take your experience to the next level, why not take a guided snorkelling tour, dive at the best spots, indulge with a massage or - the ultimate experience - enjoy a helicopter flight over famous Heart Reef!
Whitehaven Beach Camira Sailing Adventure
Cruising the Whitsundays is already an incredible experience but nothing beats sailing through crystal clear waters on an 85ft catamaran!
Experience the wonders of this full day excursion exploring magnificent Whitehaven Beach and the spectacular Whitsunday Islands National Park on board 'Camira' - a world first with her sleek lines, spacious deck areas and breathtaking performance.
This is a fully inclusive day cruise to Whitehaven Beach and you don't need to reach for your wallet! All activities, morning and afternoon tea, a delicious barbecue lunch and all refreshments are included whilst on board, with a license to serve beer and wine from 11am.
Swimming, snorkeling, beautiful beaches and bays, an all you can eat buffet lunch and the thrill of high performance sailing - put it all together and you have an exceptional day out on the water!
Both Day Cruises are full day.
Complimentary transfers to/from Airlie Beach accommodation to Shute Harbour and Abel Point Marina are available. Please advise reservations of your accommodation prior to departure/arrival.
Please note that cruise schedules are subject to change at any time. Passengers MUST contact Cruise Whitsundays 24hrs prior to departure to confirm departure times changed.
Note: this is the backpacker rate for Great Barrier Reef Adventures. Please see Cruise Whitsundays product for the standard adult rate.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.