Whitsunday Islands-Reef, Camira & Long-Backpacker by Awesome Adventures Oz
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Spend a day exploring lovely tropical Long Island and two days out on the water visiting the spectacular Great Barrier Reef and sailing to Whitehaven Beach on an 85ft catamaran.
- Departure times: 8:00am
- Duration: 1 Day
- Takes Place In: Whitsundays
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- ** PLEASE NOTE: **
- Prices are per person.
- Backpacker rate is available only on presentation of a valid student, Peterpans, YHA, ISIC, VIP, NOMADS or, BASE card.
- Open tickets please give 14 days notice to book. All bookings MUST reconfirm 48hrs in advance. Ph: 1800 293 7663 or 07 4946 4662 or from outside AU: +61 7 4946 4662.
- Complimentary transfers to/from Airlie Beach accommodation to Shute Harbour are available. Please advise reservations of your accommodation prior to departure/arrival.
Included in price:
• Two days on the water, exploring the best of the Whitsundays
• The thrill of high-speed sailing through the famous and spectacular Whitsunday Islands
• Time to explore stunning Whitehaven beach and swim in the warm tropical waters
• Diving among colourful marine life
• Beach activities
• Morning and afternoon tea
• An all-you-can-eat lunch
• Coach transfers from all Airlie Beach accommodation to Abel Point Marina and Shute Harbour
• Giant waterslide
• Spectacular panoramic underwater viewing chamber
• Subsea Adventure rides
• Free wetsuit usage
• Presentations by reef experts
• Sundecks for topping up your tan
• Massage / helicopter scenic flights (extra cost)
• Island walks and lovely sandy beaches
• Full use of resort facilities
• Bird and fish feeding
• Loads of activities available
• Enjoy the scenic cruise viewing other Whitsunday Islands enroute.
Great Barrier Reef Adventures:
Experience the ultimate outer Great Barrier Reef trip with Awesome Adventures Oz! Discover the underwater wonderland of magnificent corals, colourful fish and marine life.
The Great Barrier Reef is truly one of the great wonders of the natural world and a "must-see" for any visitor to the region. Formed millions of years ago, this colourful living reef continues to grow and flourish just off the coast from the Whitsundays. Hundreds of different types of fish and hard and soft coral thrive in the sheltered lagoon.
We have two pontoons at two different reef sites. Both locations will give you a fantastic reef experience however, you will only visit one site on the day you travel. Our pontoons have a choice of areas to relax and a great range of activities. There is undercover seating and tables, sun decks for topping up the tan, freshwater showers, change rooms and full access to the air conditioned comfort of our reef vessel. There are numerous ways to explore the reef, from the underwater viewing chamber, to the semi-submersible submarines, or snorkelling like a fish beneath the sea!
The pontoons are adjacent to coral walls, the length of which you can explore. Protected as it is, it has its own ecosystem with magnificent corals and a diversity of marine life found only in sheltered areas. It provides a unique world for you to explore. The prolific fish life will surprise and delight you - especially the giant groper!
Morning tea, afternoon tea and a sumptuous buffet lunch are included. Leading and award winning restaurants from Airlie Beach supply our catering, taking care to base the menu on seasonality and the best produce available. Free tea and coffee is available and there is also a bar onboard serving a full range of alcoholic and soft drinks.
Our care for the environment
Awesome Adventures Oz has a strong environmental ethic. We believe the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsundays natural environment are the most important aspects of our operation. We want to ensure the reef will be preserved for the future, so our activities and operations are designed to follow world-best environmental practices.
Activities at the Reef
Included in your day at the Great Barrier Reef is full use of the pontoon facilities. But if you want to take your experience to the next level, why not take a guided snorkelling tour, dive at the best spots, indulge with a massage or - the ultimate experience - enjoy a helicopter flight over famous Heart Reef!
Whitehaven Beach Camira Sailing Adventure
Cruising the Whitsundays is already an incredible experience but nothing beats sailing through crystal clear waters on an 85ft catamaran!
Experience the wonders of this full day excursion exploring magnificent Whitehaven Beach and the spectacular Whitsunday Islands National Park on board 'Camira' - a world first with her sleek lines, spacious deck areas and breathtaking performance.
This is a fully inclusive day cruise to Whitehaven Beach and you don't need to reach for your wallet! All activities, morning and afternoon tea, a delicious barbecue lunch and all refreshments are included whilst on board, with a license to serve beer and wine from 11am.
Swimming, snorkeling, beautiful beaches and bays, an all you can eat buffet lunch and the thrill of high performance sailing - put it all together and you have an exceptional day out on the water!
Explore Long Island at your leisure
Spend the day relaxing and enjoying the facilities of the resort. Explore Long Island and its 2,500 acres of rainforest. On the island there is prolific birdlife, wallabies and fruit bats. Chill in a beach hammock, read a good book or laze by the pool. Ferry/bus departures back to Airlie available at a variety of times. Of course you may just be tempted to stay the night!
Day Cruises are full day.
Complimentary transfers to/from Airlie Beach accommodation to vessel departure point in Airlie Beach are available. Please advise reservations of your accommodation prior to departure/arrival.
Camira departs Airlie Beach, Daydream Island, Hamilton Island, Long Island* daily.
*Long Island guests connect by ferry in the morning and evening (no extra cost) to/from Camira.
Great Barrier Reef Adventures departs Airlie Beach, Daydream Island*, Hamilton Island, Long Island* daily.
*Guests departing from Daydream and Long depart by ferry to join the reef vessel at Hamilton Island.
Please note that cruise schedules are subject to change at any time. Passengers MUST contact Cruise Whitsundays 24hrs prior to departure to reconfirm departure times changed.
Please note that cruise schedules are subject to change at any time. Passengers MUST contact Cruise Whitsundays 24hrs prior to departure to confirm departure times changed.
Note: this is the backpacker rate for Great Barrier Reef Adventures. Please see Cruise Whitsundays product for the standard adult rate.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.