Potosi Silver Mines Tours - Cooperative Mines by Intrepid Bolivia
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
The cooperative mines in Cerro Rico (rich mountain), this barren conical hill is 4824 metres above sea level and the highest city of the World, that of Potosi, sits at its base at
- Departure times: 8:30
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Takes Place In: Potosi
Required for Extras:
- $3.00 USD
What to bring:
- Change of Clothes
- Flash camera.
- Extra money to bu presents to miners.
Included in price:
Our first stop is in the Market of the Miners where coca leaves, cigarettes and dynamite can be bought as gifts for the miners. We then continue to the Candelaria Mine where you can crawl around inside the terrifying but awe-inspiring labyrinth in which over 200 miners are working. This is not a touristy or modern mine.
Tours leave at 9am every day from the centrally located office. We leave regardless of the number of tourists and there is a maximum of 8 people in each group Our guides are ex-miners who are knowledgeable and can actually speak English! All equipment is provided including rubber boots, waterproof jacket and helmet. We are alsothe only company to provide protective overpants, face masks and electric headlamps (leaving your hands free).
We offer an extensive Museum inside the mine. Tour to the mines includes a brief visit to the refining plants and to the Mirador, a spectacular viewpoint from the Cerro Rico of Potosi and one of the Kari Kari lakes. Private transport is provided to and from the market and the mine. You do not have to walk or catch public transport.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- An approximate amount of USD3.00 is required to cover tour extras.