FAVELA WALKING TOUR by Brazil Expedition
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Tours are of the Rocinha favela (the largest favela or "shantytown" in South America) by our Brazilian tour guide, Bruno, who worked there as a volunteer for one year.
The tour is non-intrusive and respectful of the lives of the people living in the favela. It is not like the "zoo-tour" in vans or jeeps done by other tour companies. Transport is by public transportation (van and moto-taxi) to and from the favela. The guide informs you of the history, social and economic functioning of the favela; and as the tour groups are small you will be able to meet some of the people who live there. You can also experience and take photos of the breath-taking views that the favela has of Ipanema, Sugar-Loaf and the Christ statue.
The tour usually takes about 4 hours. The price is R$65. This covers your transportation and a monetary contribution to the community.
Is it safe? - You can bring cameras and money to the favela. It is better that you dress casually.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.