Full Day Rila: Rila Monastery by Traventuria
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Tour Highlights: > Rila Monastery Complex - the most visited UNESCO listed site in Bulgaria; > Fabulous opportunities for short walks in the picturesque Rila Mountains;
- Departure times: 9:00
- Duration: 7 Hours
- Takes Place In: Sofia
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
Included in price:
This is the largest monastery complex in Bulgaria and the most frequented UNESCO World Heritage site in Bulgaria, both by Bulgarians and pilgrims from abroad. We enter the complex through the fascinating Dupnitsa Gate and take pictures of the arcaded balconies surrounding the inner courtyard. We find out about the intriguing life of St. Ivan Rilski and visit the impressive Monastery Museum and its most memorable treasure - the Rafael Cross. Then we go on to experience a real feast for the eyes: the beautifully decorated Church of the Nativity, with one of the biggest gilded iconostases in the Balkans. If weather permits, we can include a short trek in the surrounding Nature Park free of charge.
Tour duration is 7-8 hrs. Total transfer time is 4 hrs.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.