Sloth Sanctuary Aviarios by Terraventuras Jungle Expedition
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
During your visit at the rescue center the guide will explain everything about sloths. Afterwards you will visit the hospital and finished will be with a canoe ride through a river
- Departure times: 08:00
- Duration: 3.5 Hours
- Takes Place In: Puerto Viejo
What to bring:
Included in price:
Our transportation will pick you up at your hotel. After a quick stop at our office in Puerto Viejo we will go towards Penshurth, where the Sloth Sanctuary is located. Here you will be introduced with your guide and the activity starts with a video of approximately 12 minutes. This video will show you the wonders of these small and enigmatic creatures. The Sanctuary is very knowledgeable and did many studies on the lazy but wonderful animals. After the video the guide will explain you the differences between the different types of sloths.
Afterwards, the guide will introduce you to some Sloths that are living in the Sanctuary. Those sloths are not able to return in to the wildlife anymore. Following we will visit the hospital, where rescued and injured sloths get help to recover. From little to big sloth, all of them can be found. The guide will tell the histories of all those sloths. During the whole activity you get the opportunity to take the best pictures of those amazing animals.
After the hospital visit, there is a canoe trip of about 45 minutes. The canoe will take you through Rio Estrella where you can admire the tropical vegetation. The little river is rich of flora fauna and animals of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. You can expect to see wild sloths, butterflies, birds, monkeys and other species.
The center also has a little shop where you can buy souvenirs
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.
|48 hours||500.00%||24 hours||100.00%|