Terezín Concentration Camp by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Just one hour outside of Prague lies Terezín, a magnificent former 18th century Austrian fortress with a terrible past. The former garrison became a refugee centre for Czechs fleeing Adolf Hitler's annexation of the Sudentenland. When the rest of the country soon fell into Nazi clutches it became a Gestapo prison, a Jewish ghetto and then a deportation camp sending trains directly to Auschwitz.
Terezín's story is a combination of life and death: the tragedy of the Holocaust contrasts with the prisoners' secret celebrations of culture, politics and faith.
This 7-hour tour, including travel time, follows the same train lines used to send prisoners from Prague to Terezín. Today Terezín is a sleepy little country town that hardly seems to likely to have been one of the key centers of the Final Solution but our guides are experts in telling the stories behind the statistics and bringing the past back to life. We show you the memorials and often hidden traces of the former ghetto on this unforgettable trip.
ON THE 7 HOUR TOUR WE COVER:
• SS Headquarters
• Ghetto guard
• Jewish prayer room
• Red Cross
… and much more!
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.