Cabo Pasado Tour by Starbirds of the Choco forest
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
- All day, we walk 8km through the Choco dry-forest over the mountains where many starbirds & wildlive live like Howler Monkeys, *check our group prices below !
- Departure times: 07:00
- Duration: 1 Day
- Takes Place In: Canoa
What to bring:
- Light Refreshments
- Comfortable Footwear
- Waterproof Clothing
- respect for nature
Included in price:
Cabo Pasado is a coastal-cape area with a lot of history, remains of past hyspanic and pre-hispanic cultures are to be found, also from pre-hystoric geologic times. We start the day-tour early in the morning by accessing a privat entrance with permission, hiking through the hills with the ramnants of
the Choco forests, to be able to to watch the early birds. Many species elswhere not easely found like the Choco Toucan, the Great Curassow and King Vulture. Howler Monkeys are roaring from allover, occasionally rear silvester animals can be observedlike the Ocelot, Boa Constrictor, Sloth or Anteater.
Then reaching the coast the change in climate and landscape is almost touchable. What a beautifull view from up the edge, the closest point from Galapagos. When looking down in the clear water the ''corrals'', ancient structures to catch fish of the pre-hyspanic are visible.The cultures Jamaquaque,
Chorera, Maldivia and more resent the Mantenas and Pasaos (the last one bearing the reason of the name of for the cape) lived here. Then we go sliding down, the long steep cliff, seeing all the layers of million of years passig under your feet. Arriving at the beach you will very amazed with the quantity of fossils everywhere, a skeleton of a whale is adding to the surreal landscape. We go following the coastline till we reach the reefs where we go snorkling and preparing a meal over the bonfire. Then we walk from the old harbour, back through the fruitplantations of Papaya and Plumtrees.
When we get home early evening you are offered a cocktail at the grounds of the Tronco-Hostel-Camping.
* for Group prices please mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
3-5 persons: 45 $ p.p ; 6-10 persons:40$p.p ; 1 person:60 $ .
2 persons: 50 $ p.p. ; All tours English and Spanish spoken
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
|48 hours||25.00%||24 hours||50.00%|