Isla Corazon Tour by Starbirds of the Choco forest
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
- The enchanted mangrove reserve with its nesting birds. A guided excursion in canoe through colonies of the Frigates, Cormorants and Egrets. * Check for group prizes below !
- Departs from: the departure depends on the tides of the Pacific ocean which is conected with the estuary, only with high tide the canoes will be able to enter in the mangroves.
- Departure times: 01:00, 08:00
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Takes Place In: Canoa
What to bring:
- Light Refreshments
- Insect Repellant
- Waterproof Clothing
- respect for nature
Included in price:
This tour through one of the few remaining intact mangrove areas is essencial for your understanding of the eco-cystems of the Pacific coast. Isla Corazon, called Hart Island because of it's shape, is an island in the Rio Chone estuary and is declared a Wildlife Refuge by the Minister of Envirnoment.
It houses one of the largest colonies of the Magnificent Frigatebirds of the pacific coast. You will be witnessing many waterbirds breeding like Cormorants and all kinds of Egrets and Herons. Loads of migritory and endemic species visiting and feeding here too.
The local community of fisherman have adopted the refuge for conservation and will take you in there canoes through the breeding grounds and canals. There is also a guided walk on a wooden pathway through the mangroves and a special documentary about the sanctuary been shown in the info centre.
We will drive you there and assist in the the guidence and the translation in English.
* for Group prices please mail us at email@example.com
3-5 persons: 30 $ p.p ; 6-12 persons: 25$ : 1 person: 40 $ p.p.
2 persons: 35 $ p.p. ; All tours English and Spanish spoken
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
|48 hours||25.00%||24 hours||50.00%|